⟣Chapter 1

⟣•01•⟢
: SHH, THERE'S A BEAST IN THE IMPERIAL PALACE

• • •
Chi Jun lay on the cold ground, starting silently at the console outside the invisible barrier that was blocking him. If he was in his previous beast form then he could resolve this perfectly with a slight movement of his claws. Now…

He once had large and thick male lion claws. Now there was no need to mention the current small size of his two little lion's paws. They were also bloody and almost cut off. Moreover, the most painful thing wasn't his claws. It was his internal organs and bones that seemed to be expanded and crushed. The degree of injury was unbearable for the original owner of the body and he died before Chi Jun transmigrated.

Chi Jun killed the zombie emperor by exploding his own body. Perhaps it was due to rescuing the last humans and accumulating blessings but he transmigrated into the body of the newly deceased lion.

At tis time, the body still contained the deadly silence and despair from before the original owner died. Chi Jun took a long time to adapt before barely being able to raise his head. His amber eyes transferred from the outside console to a nearby healing agent.

The memories told him that this was a powerful healing agent. He had to consume it in order to live.

The healing agent was two or three steps away for an adult but these steps were like the distance between life and death. The little lion's body was already soft and he could only pedal his hind legs and crawl forward on the ground inch by inch. The movements were small yet it was so painful that Chi Jun shook. He wanted to lie down on the ground and never move again. Suspicious traces of water emerged from the amber beast's eyes…

Whenever he was injured in the past, there was always someone who would treat him before he felt the pain. Chi Jun might've been injured before but he only experienced a tiny itching as the wound healing quickly and someone's vitality covering his skin. Therefore, he found it addictive every time he killed a zombie. It was because he had the solid backing of Gu Yanzheng that he had no scruples.

Gu Yanzheng…

Chi Jun lay on the ground and thought of this person. The first scene that appeared in his head when he grabbed the zombie king with his two paws and exploded himself was Gu Yanzheng's horrified face and a pained roar.

Mother's eggs, this felt more painful.

Chi Jun stretched out his tongue and locked the fur around his mouth, ears twitching twice. Chi Jun tried hard to think about some pleasant things, such as when he first saw Gu Yanzheng after the zombie outbreak.

It was summer. The tall ginkgo tree, which was the transformed Gu Yanzheng, shook numerous roots as he picked up vehicles and used sharp, knife-like ginkgo leaves to kill countless zombies. There was a sound of something faling to the ground as he ran towards the place where Chi Jun lived. The scene in which a mighty saviour came made him unusually… happy.

The lush ginkgo tree stood downstairs and looked towards his balcony. Once Chi Jun heard the ginkgo tree, that looked hundreds of years old, calling out his name with a familiar voice, he unconsciously responded. "Yanzhengzheng, you really are a green shade."

"…"

The Gu Yanzheng tree shook a bit, reaching up to his balcony and flung green fan-shaped leaves while the roots stabbed a few zombies.

The little lion laughed when he remembered this scene and how Gu Yanzheng had clearly been angry at the time. The body that laughed felt a bit painful but with this laughter, Chi Jun finally managed to move in front of the healing agent.

The two little lion paws couldn't open it. Chi Jun struggled to lower his head, opened it with his mouth and used sharp teeth to bit the healing agent. Then Chi Jun opened his two wounded lion paws and lay on the ground with his head cocked to lick it. The healing agent scratched his tongue but the effect was very quick.