⟣Chapter 42

⟣•42•⟢
: SHH, THERE'S A BEAST IN THE IMPERIAL PALACE

• • •
At first, the asteroid belt's star thieves saw the Royal Guards deploying their troops and thought the same as the people. For a time, they thought it was dangerous and hid tightly. Then after a few days, there were no movements.

Not only weren't they surrounded, all the guards protecting the route for a few days also withdrew to the centre of the asteroid belt. They only guarded the central planet. No other arrangements on the route were made.

Thus, all the star thieves once again became restless. This was a great opportunity! This behaviour of the Royal Guards clearly demonstrated a significant fact. The central planet must have an important person who needed full protection. Then the Royal Guards definitely had no time to care about what was happening on the star route. What's more, the Royal Guards wouldn't waste their strength surrounding the thieves.

A big idea once again spread through the hearts of the star thieves. Naturally, the goal was the continuously surging flow of traffic on the route near the XX Resource Star. They couldn't help feeling sorry if they didn't obtain such a large sum of money.

At the same time, today's Shen Cong was also spirited. The beast cards of the hundreds of team members under him had been repaired! The combat power was returned to its peak state. No, it could be said to be several times their peak state. Therefore, he had full confidence to resist any star thieves.

Once the Royal Guards withdrew, Shen Cong led the law enforcement team and the repaired and strengthened beast cards to patrol around the route. On the first day of resumed patrols, the star thieves were still watching because of the remnants of the Royal Guards. There were no star thieves on the route and it was calm. The transport flow was unprecedented.

The next day, no star thieves were seen and the ships continued to come. After all, no one was sure how long this calm would last. It wasn't until the third day that the warships of the star thieves suddenly emerged on the left side of the route.

It was huge. There were eight starships! On Shen Cong's patrol route, the alarm was sounded, warning the merchant ships to avoid it. Shen Cong opened the law enforcement team's public channel and spoke in a passionate voice. "Brothers, today let's enlighten the brutal criminals so they don't return!"

Uh… the words mobilized were very brief and not official. Nevertheless, the law enforcement team members were passionate and roared boldly. The star thieves were trying to bombard a merchant ship when they saw the pitiful little warship of the law enforcement team rush out to try and block their starships.

The scene made the star thieves laugh crazily. Such a small warship wanted to resist their eight combat warships? Not to mention, they still had many mechanical beasts…

At the same time, they were secretly pleased by this opportunity! Once they got rid of the law enforcement team patrolling the route, how many merchant ships could they plunder? They were the seventh highest group on the asteroid belt's bounty list, the Ghost Star Thieves!

Their crazy laughs and snickers didn't last long. The scene that occurred caused them to be dumbfounded. A large number of mechanical beasts suddenly appeared from the law enforcement team's small warships. The number of mechanical beasts increased rapidly in a flash.

The hundreds of law enforcement offices controlled thousands of mechanical beasts and stormed the warships. The shocked star thieves fought back.

For a time, the combat on the route was fierce.

The law enforcement team had been suppressed for a long time. They let out a sudden outburst of power and swept like a tornado through the seventh ranked star thieves. The law enforcement team was best at group combat and the eight warships were literally demolished to pieces. The star thieves rushed to activate their beasts cards but they were besieged.