⟣Chapter 54

⟣•54•⟢
: SHH, THERE'S A BEAST IN THE IMPERIAL PALACE

• • •
Three days later, the public trial jointly conducted by the Supreme Court and the Military Court began. The trial would last a long time due to the large number of people involved. Even so, the people of the empire gathered on the Star Network to watch this shocking incident.

The first was the trial for the corruption case of the Royal Guards of the asteroid belt and their collusion with the star thieves.

During the trial, representatives of the law enforcement team provided reports on the rampage of the star thieves in the asteroid belt for several years, including reports on the hijacking of merchant ships and killing of ordinary people.

There were the military accounts of the law enforcement teams for several years, the weapons and equipment configuration, the repair records and records of military spending. The Second Army provided the law enforcement team's beast cards repaired by Chi Jun that had been stolen by the Royal Guards and recovered when rescuing the prince.

All types of evidence were placed in front of them and were verified to be true. There was no repudiation. The commander of the Royal Guards faced the judge's majestic and indifferent face and confessed.

At this point, the public watching the joint trial online simply gritted their teeth.

“If it wasn't for this scum, how could the asteroid belt be so messy!”

"In these years, the law enforcement team's military budget is simply dreadful. They couldn't even repair their beast cards. Their budget was embezzled by the Royal Guards. Then they were pushed out by the Royal Guards and framed. The brothers of the law enforcement team were really wronged!"

"These scum, dying isn't enough to appease civilian indignation!"

"……"

In the end, the presiding judge made a ruling. The Royal Guards had been provided a total of 37.2 billion star coins to the law enforcement team. All military officers in the Royal Guards were involved and were directly responsible for the thieves running rampant in the asteroid belt.

The Royal Guards of the asteroid belt were convicted on three counts of treason, colluding with the enemy and misappropriation of military funds. The commander of the Royal Guards would be removed from all duties and sentenced to death. All the other people involved were sentenced to 10 to 20 years in prison.

The former commander of the Royal Guards wasn't taken away from the scene. He stayed as a witness for the second case. Out of the Royal Guards' 37.2 billion military budget, more than 80% were transferred and ended up in a secret account as money to support the royal family's experiment in illegal cloning and illegal genetic drugs.

The second trial began.

Chi Jun was the plaintiff while the emperor and prince were the defendants. They were all brought to the scene of the trial. The trial process of this case took much longer than the previous case.

During the cross-examination period, the experimental videos provided by the plaintiff Chi Jun needed to be played in court. Thousands of videos were played for a full three days. In the process, the people who came to the court or watched the public trial on the Star Network almost couldn't bear it.

It was a relatively peaceful time and most people hadn't faced so much death. The brutal experiments in the videos were hard to watch. Of course, even those who lived through the battlefield could hardly accept this cruelty that was almost like a massacre.

"The royal family embezzled the military funds to be used in this place. They ignored the safety of the people in the asteroid belt while using the money to do this type of slaughter-like experiment!"