⟣Chapter 19

⟣•19•⟢
: SHH, THERE'S A BEAST IN THE IMPERIAL PALACE

• • •
Early the next morning, Chi Jun woke up in the little lion state. He twisted in a circle in the quilt and arched out from the other side of the bed. He rubbed his eyes with his paws and raisedd his head.

A ginkgo branch reached over and pulled the quilt to cover him. The little lion arched in the quilt and drilled out again with a yawn. "There are many things to do today. I need to get up early."

Bonsai Gu picked up the quilt with the little lion inside it and brought the lion to the bathroom. Chi Jun opened his eyes and saw the sleepy little lion in the mirror. At first glance, it was like a fluffy toy. Chi Jun grinned and showed a fierce posture in the mirror. Then the little lion in the mirror showed its teeth to him…

It wasn't fierce at all. Lion Chi turned his head like nothing happened. He raised his paws and grabbed the clothes delivered by the bonsai, wrapping them twice around his body. His front paws pressed against his clothes and fixed them. Then in the blink of an eye…someone held the clothes and jumped down.

Chi Jun washed up and dressed while the big ginkgo in the living room had already cooked breakfast. The soft, white meat dumplings were steamed and were accompanied by a bowl of vegetable porridge and a stack of small dishes.

Chi Jun quickly ate breakfast and brought out the beast cards that he imprinted yesterday. He was preparing to go to Chen Shu but just as he was carrying his 'Christmas tree' to go out of the house, he saw another miniature bonsai emerge from the table.

Lion Chi grinded his teeth. Okay, the big ginkgo's cut off branch had regenerated. He could imagine that there was one more wound on Gu Yanzheng. He indignantly raised his ankle and kicked the trunk of the bonsai angrily. The action was fierce but the strength was very light.

Bonsai Gu stretched out his branches and rubbed his hair. Chi Jun grabbed the branch. "Once you recover, let's calculate it again!"

He picked up the ginkgo bonsai on the table and placed the bonsai on his shoulder again. Passing by the wooden lion sleeping in the sun outside, Chi Jun grabbed him and placed the seedling in his bag. Old Iron's lights flashed as he sent the people to the gate, once again sending the happy family of three out the door.

Chi Jun got up early today so the beast card store had just opened and Chen Shu wasn't present. Chi Jun waited in the store until half an hour later when Chen Shu entered the store with another person. Chen Shu's face was a bit white while the person next to him was like a spring breeze… especially infuriating.

Chen Shu smiled at Chi Jun. "You are so early today."

Chi Jun nodded and his gaze swept to the person next to Chen Shu. Wasn't this the person who ran away like a cat with his butt burnt yesterday?

At first, Song Bohao didn't recognize the person or think that the boy in front of him was the one he fought with yesterday. Yesterday, the person's face was covered with metal. Moreover, that level of force couldn't belong to a young boy. It was only when the young man's gaze swept over him that his heart felt a bit wary.

As a mercenary leader who made waves in the asteroid belt, Song Bohao's quality of heart was of good quality apart from yesterday. Therefore, he thought that the strange feeling at this time was probably the aftermath of yesterday's battle.

Chen Shu smiled and took Chi Jun to the store manager's room again. Song Bohao looked at the smile on the pale face and a bad taste filled his heart. Chen Shu hadn't smiled at him since the meeting so Song Bohao's eyes towards Chi Jun were quite murderous.

His keen perception that had developed over seven years in the apocalypse meant Chi Jun clearly felt the gaze on him. Chi Jun suddenly felt excited. Yesterday, this person's gaze hadn't been as murderous, nor did he try his best. Thus, he didn't fight very well. Perhaps there would be another fight soon.