⟣Chapter 45

⟣•45•⟢
: SHH, THERE'S A BEAST IN THE IMPERIAL PALACE

• • •
For Gu Yanzheng and Chi Jun, Old Iron's message was just a piece of news.

Due to what the little lion clone had experienced, both of them felt little affection for the imperial royal family. In addition, the rescue of the little prince captured by the star thieves was naturally a matter for the Royal Guards.

They would continue to search for the remaining banned genetic drugs used by the royal family on the clones. Therefore, the two of them stayed on the XX Resource Star for half a day.

Early the next morning, they didn't say goodbye to Shen Cong and the lion-shaped starship directly left. Shen Cong wasn't on duty today. He might've been psychologically prepared but there was still a sense of loss when he saw the big lion starship leaving. It was because he didn't know when he would meet Master Chi and Major General Yan again.

Shen Cong took a deep breath as he stood there watching the big lion starship with a serious expression, his hand raised in a standard military salute. He was in the downtown area and such a move naturally attracted the attention of many people. He was well-known in the public for his previous smashing of the star thieves.

The people subconsciously looked up at the distant sky along with them. Everyone was curious about and respected the big lion starship but they didn't dare to approach and disturb it. The lion starship left their resource star terminal with no obstructions and flew towards the outer star.

For a time, the people of XX Resource Star stood still and watched the powerful beast imprinter of the empire leave. They weren't alarmed by the departure of Master Chi. Master Chi had strengthened the law enforcement team, making them able to fight the star thieves. They would always remember Master Chi who helped them clean up the star route.

At this time, the emperor's palace.

The emperor looked at the Royal Guard's emergency report and nearly threw the video board in his hand. He knew exactly what the situation of the asteroid belt was like. After all, the Royal Guards stationed in the asteroid belt were under the direct control of the imperial family, although the military department had provided military spending over the years.

However, when doing cloning experiments, it cost a lot to buy all the illegal genetic drugs as well as the equipment and various personnel. Putting aside the royal dignity and bearing, the royal family couldn't afford all of this.

Therefore, part of the military expenditure was misappropriated by him.

Still, the Royal Guards' combat power couldn't be reduced so most of the military budget was deducted from the law enforcement team maintaining the safety of the route. That's why over the past 10 years, the weapons configuration of the law enforcement team couldn't keep up, leading to the star thieves running rampant.

In the beginning, his son had been determined to go to the asteroid belt to grab Yanzheng and use Yanzheng's power to find out Chi Jun's whereabouts. The emperor had worried about his safety and opposed it.

Nevertheless, the emperor was well aware of how much he could gain with Yanzheng and Chi Jun's power. In the past few years, if he hadn't cut the Royal Guards' military spending then it wouldn't be difficult to deal with some star thieves, let alone allow the star thieves to be brave enough to capture the heir to the imperial throne.

He had let his son go. Now the star thieves had kidnapped the empire's noble prince! The emperor was so angry that he almost coughed up blood.

After calming down, the emperor gave several orders in succession.