⟣Chapter 56

⟣•56•⟢
: SHH, THERE'S A BEAST IN THE IMPERIAL PALACE

• • •
Diplomatic relations had just been established and he was the commander of an army. It was inappropriate for him to enter in a great manner. Not to mention, a sick little lion was with him.

For the safety of his little lion, Gu Yanzheng had no intention of crossing the border in a high-profile manner. After several space jumps over the next few days, the starship reached the starfield near the distant beastmen world.

Gu Yanzheng spotted a sparsely populated resource star with no star defense system and landed. Once the starship landed, Gu Yanzheng picked up the sleeping lion and walked out the hatch.

During the voyage these days, the little lion had been huddled in front of the quantum computer of the main control room. It was to learn the language of the beastmen world that had been provided by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

The language that crossed civilizations was obscure and the little lion had also crossed time and space. This was difficult for the little lion. After struggling, the little lion could barely learn to communicate simply.

Gu Yanzheng had previous experience so he was skilled after a simple practice. The moment the smooth syllables emerged from Gu Yanzheng's mouth, the little lion lying on Gu Yanzheng's shoulder bit his collar. He wouldn't learn!

In any case, his energy core was now completely locked up. There was nothing he could do except sense his metal ability, including returning to human form. It didn't matter if a little lion could talk or not!

Thus, the little lion bit the collar torn by his sharp teeth. Under the rhythmic touch of Gu Yanzheng's hand, he closed his eyes and let out small snores. The starship landed while the little lion was asleep.

Gu Yanzheng didn't wake him up. Once he was carried out directly, the little lion sleeping comfortably was suddenly awakened by a heat wave. Hot fire baked his entire body and his fur rose. The little lion opened confused eyes and saw a vast… desert!

Lion Chi, "………"

Did he sleep and dream of the Sahara? Still, it was a bit different from the Sahara. It was because there were two fireballs above his head that were scorching the earth. As a small animal with fur all over his body, he would die from this heat!

The little lion stretched out his paws. "Yan Zhengzheng, I want to take off my fur."

Gu Yanzheng looked down at the little lion that had woken up. He saw the open lion paws and the fur that felt… good. It was hard to imagine what it would be like if his little lion had no fur.

The lion's voice was dry. "I feel like I'm going to turn into a dehydrated lion."

Gu Yanzheng frowned and decisively abandoned his original plan to blend into the beastmen resource collection area on foot. He headed back and closed the hatch. He considered the planet's population distribution and level of technological development. However, he misjudged the surface climate of the planet.

Back in the hatch, Gu Yanzheng handed water to the little lion. "Baby, drink water."

The little lion in his arms swallowed the water. Once he drank enough water, his paws poured the remaining water over his body and he let out a comfortable breath as he shook his wet fur. Gu Yanzheng, who had water sprayed all over him, just laughed and pulled at the lion's tail.

The little lion looked up with an innocent face. Gu Yanzheng reached out to rub the wet fur. He was about to dry it when the little lion stepped on his hands and ran to his neck. He rubbed his wet fur against Gu Yanzheng's collar.