⟣Chapter 16

⟣•16•⟢
: SHH, THERE'S A BEAST IN THE IMPERIAL PALACE

• • •
The leaf-wearing man rushed all the way back to the major general's home only to realize, "Yan Zhengzheng, what about your son?"

Going out after a long time, Bonsai Gu only had eyes for his Lion Chi and how could he remember his son? Then he heard Chi Jun's question. As Bonsai Gu walked with Chi Jun into the living room, he remembered that in the restaurant, his wood power didn't enlarge the gingko seedling since it contained the lion clone's soul.

He looked all over his body and found that in a leafy corner, the small ginkgo seedling was struggling to wrap around his branches. The small ginkgo seedling was placed in the palm of Chi Jun's hand, looking like a dehydrated bean sprout. The dry roots moved weakly and he opened his small leaves to his lion father for a hug.

Chi Jun who looked at the expressionless Bonsai Gu, "…"

Wasn't this his good son? Chi Jun hurried to the dining room's sink, found a bowl of water and soaked the bean sprout in it. The dried roots of the bean sprout stretched out and soaked in the water. The leaves were lifted and after finding that he was held in the hand of his lion father, he pleasantly wriggled in the water.

The tall gingko stood behind Chi Jun, shaking its leaves. The canopy slightly tilted and a branch headed straight into the bowl. The water in the bowl instantly dried up. The bean sprout was enjoying the swim only to instantly touch the bottom of the bowl. '…What happened?'

Chi Jun who was preparing to let Gu Yanzheng display his wood ability, "…"

Bonsai Gu, who robbed his son of the life-saving water, used a branch to transport the wet bean sprouts into the pot that had been transported from under the sofa at an unknown time. He straightened the small leaves and poured half a bowl of water into it.

Chi Jun was lamenting the strictness of a biological father while Bonsai Gu's wood ability enveloped the flower pot. The wet bean sprout was instantly revived, multiplied and the original size changed. There were even two green fan-shaped leaves emerging from the top.

The bean sprout was bathed in the love of his tree father and happily spun and jumped. Apparently, the lion clone had forgotten he was now a tree seedling and not a little lion. Thus, muddy water instantly splashed out. This naturally wasn't a threat and Chi Jun and the bonsai moved flexibly sideways to avoid it. Neither of them intended to stop it.

The little gingko moved its roots and jumped in the mud basin. It wasn't until all the wood power provided by the bonsai was absorbed that the bean sprout stopped jumping. He squatted in the pot with his five leaves, branches clinging to the edge of the flower pot, holding his weight with his branch fingers.

Chi Jun, "…"

Adopted son, what was this posture of doing a pull-up? The main branches of the main seedling started to swell. The upper half of the branches twisted and soon gathered into a small round head with two round ears.

Chi Jun was stunned and reached out to hold the crown of the bonsai. "Yan Zhengzheng, your son wants to transform!"

The bonsai took a step forward, stretched out a branch to hold Chi Jun's waist and looked at the seedling inside the flower pot together with Chi Jun. The little ginkgo's round face opened two big green kitten eyes.

Chi Jun laughed. "Green is better than blue. Seeing this, your son is better than you. At least he has a face."

The faceless bonsai, "…"

Then Chi Jun watched as four small branches of the ginkgo seedling stuck out and formed small claws. At the same time, a branch appeared behind him and curled with a sixth leaf at the top to look like a tail.