Chapter- 1 Four years Later!

In the vibrant city of Mumbai, amidst the hustle and bustle, there resided a young girl in the magnificent Shikhawat Mansion, sprawled on her bed, lost in her own enchanting world, filled with dreams. However, her dream was abruptly disrupted by the persistent ringing of her phone. Irritated she answered the call, placing it on speaker before closing her eyes again resting her head back on the pillow.

"Hello," she said groggily.

"Abey pagal, abhi tak soo rahi hai. Zindagi se sambandh kharab ho gaye hai kya tere?" a loud voice filled the room, making her irritated.

"Konsa padha tut gaya hai Aru? Kyu subha-subha gala phad rahi hai aapna." said the girl.

"Samiksha!" Arya called out, annoyed. "Idiot, time dekh. College ka first day hai, late hona hai tujhe. Aur aaj Bhai bhi aane wale the, teri vaat laga denge vo."

"Oh Fish!" Samiksha got up abruptly; the mention of her brother was enough to jolt her awake and make the sleep vanish into thin air.

"Aru!" she called out, scared after seeing the time. It was past 7, and she was supposed to be at the dining table by 7!

"Go and get ready, you duffer. Zinda baachi toh college aa jana." said Ariya, disconnecting the call.

Samiksha got out of bed hurriedly which signaled the beginning of another day filled with the dread of her brother's strict adherence to rules. As an ACP and the Chief of his department, he embodied discipline and order. While she had once admired his disciplined nature, as she grew older, she found herself resenting it with a burning passion.

She quickly prepared herself in a mere fifteen minutes, consumed by fear of the consequences for any delay, and descended the stairs. To her surprise, her brother was not seated at the dining table. A momentary relief washed over her, instantly transforming her face into a beaming smile. However, her joy was short-lived as Veer came out from the kitchen. Their eyes locked, and he cast a pointed glance at his watch, causing her to lower her gaze.

Veer's intense gaze fixed upon Samiksha as he silently took his seat, an unsettling tension filling the room. Samiksha, feeling utterly helpless, found herself unable to utter a single word, let alone gather the courage to apologize. It was a recurring pattern - her confidence always faltered in the presence of her Bhaiya. Though he had never raised a hand against her or imposed severe punishments, the sheer intensity of his stare, the piercing coldness in his demeanor, and the chilling tone of his voice were enough to send shivers down her spine and do much needed wonders on her.

"Sit and have your breakfast, Samiksha!" Veer ordered, in his usual tone startling her.

Without uttering a word, she immediately took her seat across from him. The physical distance between them as they sat down to eat symbolized the emotional strain that had engulfed their once close-knit relationship. Their lives had been irrevocably altered since the tragic loss of their parents. Gone was the protective brother who would lovingly feed her, gone was the leniency he had granted her, allowing her to make mistakes without consequences.

The person sitting before her now had imposed boundaries on their relationship, boundaries that were never to be crossed. Samiksha too, had lost the courage to challenge these limitations. As she looked up at her brother, there were  questions she longed to ask, but her voice remained trapped in her throat, silenced by the weight of their shared sorrow and the unspoken barriers that now stood between them.

Veer noticed his sister stealing glances at him, and a deep sigh escaped from within. He was completely ensuring she received everything she deserved, except for one crucial element... love! Love was something he simply did not possess! Or he said that to himself! He desperately attempted to reassure himself, determined not to delve into the painful memories of a life filled with nothing but anguish and sorrow.