Chapter- 23 Selfless!

Shikhawat Mansion

It was evening when Samiskha entered the mansion and headed straight to the kitchen, only to find Aditi cooking once again. Why does the lady have to cook every time? She sighed and was about to step inside when a devil danced in her mind. ShIte smirked and stepped into the kitchen slowly without making any noise as Aditi's back was facing her, unaware of her presence. Stepping closer to Aditi, almost at arm's length...

"BOO!" Samiskha said loudly.

"Ahhhhh!" Aditi screamed and turned with the knife in her hand. Samiskha immediately held her hand to stop her...

"Woo shant bhabhi jaan shant...mein hu!"

Aditi threw the knife immediately, "Kya krti ho Samiksha! Daara diya na mujhe..." She chided gently, leaning back on the counter and huffing.

Samiksha gave her the water, which she finished in one go. "Sorry bhabhi...mujhe nahi pata aap...I mean..."

"It's okay Samiksha..." Aditi cut her off gently, "I was lost in my thoughts aur achanak tum ayi so I got scared."

The concern she saw in Samiksha's eyes for her and the way she behaved in the morning at the Branch gave her enough answer that Samiksha was ready to take a step towards her, so was she... in a way, it was Samiksha's way of testing waters just like every child does with their parents. While thinking about all this, she herself didn't realize that she imagined Samiksha to her child!

Samiksha just nodded, after the morning fiasco, the worried face of Aditi broke all her barriers that she was holding onto. She thought her bhabhi needed time to adjust and accept everything, but all that faded away after Aditi's behavior, and in return she too did and behaved as she usually does with her Bhaiya.

At last, the great Suryaveer Shikhawat's plan went in the right direction, and a new bond formed that day.

"Kuch Khao gi...bana du kuch?" Aditi asked, breaking her thoughts.

Samiksha sighed and hopped onto the counter, "You don't need to burn yourself in the kitchen, bhabhi. Basic tea coffee stuff staff bana sakta hai aap kyu..."

"I was getting bored, Samiksha, and cooking helps me free from that boredom. Isliye socha koi new recipe try kar lu. Tum batao kya khogi..."

"Pehli baat toh aap mujhe Sam bulao jaise Bhaiya bulate hai and secondly tum nahi tu. Yaar aapse choti hu mai itni izzat mat do mujhe hazam nahi hoti bilkul."

Aditi chuckled and nodded...the girl had a crazy sense of humor; however, she felt touched by the way Samiksha made her feel at ease.

"Toh ab baato kya bana rahi ho aao?"

"Lasagna! First time banaya hai, I don't know kaisa bana hai."

"Wow! Mujhe bhi khana hai...in fact, I can help. Aap batao koi help chahiye toh...." Samiksha said excitedly and was about to hop down when Aditi stopped her.

"No need, Sam! Tu baith, I will serve it for you. Surya ne mana kiya hai na tujhe kitchen mein kuch karne."

Samiksha sighed and leaned back on the counter. Why did she expect that Aditi would be any different from her Bhaiya in such matters? She huffed mentally but sat quietly. From a single sentence itself, she got a clear picture of how caring, gentle, yet firm Aditi was...just like her mother. In a way, Samiksha too didn't realize how casually she compared Aditi with her mother!

Samiksha took the plate that Aditi had prepared and took a bite of the pasta, and her taste buds yelped in joy, "Wow! Kitna mast bana hai bhabhi...aapko aur bhaiya ko toh MasterChef hona chahiye tha kyun galat profession le liya dono ne." she whined, stuffing her mouth like a kid.