Chapter- 34

Surya was sitting in his cabin going through the accounts files. For the last few weeks, Advik was managing everything, but he was busy with his recent new contract. So, Surya took up the responsibilities all over again, trying to lower the burden from his friend's shoulder. He frowned upon seeing a few of the financial data missing from the record. He called for Vidya, who was working on that particular project.

Vidya entered the cabin and stood in front of Surya, "Kuch kaam tha Veer?"

Surya looked up, "Mr. Oberoi ka project tum he handle kar rahi thi na?"

Vidya nodded.

Surya, "Then give me the finance reports of that project. Iss file mein attached nahi hai vo."

Vidya shifted uncomfortably, "Usme hi hoga Veer. Nahi toh I think Raghav ko pata hoga mere sath vo bhi kaam kar raha tha iss project par."

Surya frowned, "As far as I remember, Advik ne Raghav ko Mr. Ranwat wala project handle karne diye hai. How come he is allowed to work on two projects simultaneously when it's not allowed?"

Vidya gulped, "I...I mean Veer..."

"Dekho Vidya, agar kuch aur baat hai toh tell me, okay," Surya cut her off, "but don't hide it as I don't like such frauds. Tumhe pata hai vo financial reports kaha hai?" he asked again sensing her nervousness.

Vidya thought better and walked around the table towards him and kept her hand on his shoulder, "Yeh sab chhodo na Surya, kya har waqt kaam kaam karte rahte ho tum. Let's talk about..." she trailed off as Surya stood up and took a step back.

His eyes blazed with anger, "Do you even know tum kya kar rahi ho Vidya? Dimag kharab ho gaya hai tumhara?" he almost yelled.

Vidya smirked and stepped towards him, "Haan Suryaveer... tumhare pyaar mein mera dimag kharab ho gaya hai. You know kitne saalo se I have been trying to gather my courage to confess that I love you... I love the most in the world par tum ho ki...."

Surya held her hand, which she kept on his chest seductively, and yanked it away, "I am a married man, Vidya. Thodi toh sharam karo ki tum kya kar rahi ho. Just get lost from here before I lose my patience and do something which my ethics doesn't allow me to do," he warned.

Vidya smirked, "Toh karo na, Surya. Kisne roka hai tumhe?" She again moved towards him, stepping into his personal space, "Your touch just now made me feel like I am in heaven. Tumhari biwi hai toh kya hua, Surya? Divorce her and come to me. I will give you what you want... I will fulfill all your needs in your life, Surya. Tumhara bahut achhe se dhyan rakhungi main... both physically and se..." As she started to trail her hands from his face down to his lower body, Surya pulled back and picked up the crystal paperweight, smashing it on the wall, making her flinch.

"I am warning for the last time, Vidya nikalo yaha se abhi ke abhi, and don't you dare to show me your face or I won't hesitate to arrest you as well. Tum bhul gayi ho toh yaad dila du that I am an ACP. Mere sath yeh wahityat harkat krne ka anjam bhut bura hoga." Surya said angrily.

Vidya fumed, not being able to digest his rejection. Her hand shot up and she slapped Suryaveer right across his face harshly, "Tumhari himmat kaise hui mujhe... Vidya Rajput ko reject krne ki. You know what, I will teach you a lesson ki tum khud mere pass aayogi and then I will show you what happens when someone rejects me," she yelled in his face and stormed out of his cabin.

Surya sat down on his chair, shell-shocked. The woman he considered as a friend did this to him... he was unable to digest the fact. He palmed his face at that moment, he was numb contemplating whatever happened just now.