Chapter- 6 Beast Mode Activated!

The Next Morning...

Samiksha set almost ten alarms last night just to get up on time and meet her Bhaiya in the garden at sharp 6, as per his command. However, she turned off every single alarm in her sleep and went back to her la la land, which made her late. She hurriedly got out of bed and within a few minutes, she was ready in her track suit for the upcoming torture. A year ago, when Veer personally gave her self-defense classes that lasted for a month, it was enough experience for her to know that his gym sessions were nothing less than military training. He was hard, brutal, strict, and above all, a devil!

She descended down the stairs and made her way towards the garden area only to find Veer stretching and warming up. She cursed herself for being late. Veer was a strict disciplinarian when it comes to certain habits, and punctuality is one of them. Maybe due to him being an ACP, that trait came in, or maybe because their mother was just the same, and her Bhaiya got all of that genes in his every single blood vessel.

Veer never spared a rod when it came to her getting up late, skipping meals, her staying late at night, and many more. Certain ground rules that every parent has for their kids, so does she have, and she didn't mind. She only minds it when she breaks the rules set by Veer like a rule breaker and stood in front of him at his receiving end, after receiving his three warnings.

"Stand there for as long as you want, and I will double the time, Samiksha!" Veer's threatening voice threw her out of her thoughts.

She shook her head and immediately went to stand in front of him, gazing at the floor, with her hands intertwined behind her back. The stern look on his face was something she didn't dare to meet.

"Time, Samiksha!" Veer asked in his officer-like tone.

"Fifteen minutes late," Samiksha said slowly.

"Warm up!" Veer ordered.

Samiksha just nodded and followed with jumping jacks, squats, and high knees. The best thing she learned during her self-defense training sessions was to never question Suryaveer Shikhawat when he was in his beastly mood, and just follow along with him rather than whining or complaining.

She still remembered the first time she whined and pushed all his wrong buttons, and he made her do extra workouts without any ounce of mercy! Soon she realized she just gets an extra kick in pushing up her Bhaiya's buttons, in a way they at least have a conversation rather than annoying silence.

"20 rounds! Start!" Veer commanded in his usual tone once she was done with stretching.

Samiksha sighed and started. The garden of the mansion was quite big as it was on the other side of the mansion, the liberties an ACP officer gets, like house, security, cars, and extra. Veer denied some of them, and one such was the house. They didn't wish to leave the place behind where they had their parents' precious memories. Shikhawat Sadhan was not just a mansion for them; it was their home, a place their parents built up with all love, care, and warmth.

The garden was one of the best places in the garden, as it was built and under the care of their mother. After their mothers' death, Veer and Samiksha took care of the place. Garden maintenance generally includes lawn mowing, edging, weeding, trimming, pruning, and clearing up leaves. On usual days, either Samiksha or Veer would do all that together, or individually. They rarely asked the servants to do so, as their mother never asked for help from servants and did everything with her husband and kids. It was a place she made with love, and they actually spent their family time there.

Samiksha winced as a hard strike landed on her calf. She looked up at Veer while rubbing the sting, who was glaring at her. "Buckle up! You are at your worst pace, Samiksha!"