Chapter- 45 The Heartfelt Moment!

As days passed by, the feast day came. Everyone was busy in the green room preparing for their own performances. The first-year students were taking care of the arrangements busy in their rehearsals and their own tasks. Anant and Samiksha were in the dancing group, Mohit was in the singing band.

Samiksha sat in the green room along with Anant stretching when her phone buzzed. She read the message and angrily put away her phone.

"Baat krr le usse ek baar," Anant said gently.

Samiksha looked away.

"Vo kuch dino mein chala jayega Sam."

Samiksha stood up, "Toh jaye na mene thodi maana kiya hai. Waise bhi itne saalon se vo wahi kar raha hai jo use karna hai, jo use thik lag raha hai. Ek baar ke liye samjhne ki koshish bhi kar lu but nahi, it's next to impossible because he didn't give me reasons to forgive him or understand him."

Anant gently turned to her, "Tujhe yaad hai tune ek baar mujhe kaha tha... Kabhi kabhi kuch rishton mein space deni chahiye, chahe vo rishta pyaar ka ho ya dosti ka! Tujhe iss baat se problem nahi hai ki Mohit tujh par trust nahi karta, tujhe problem iss baat se hai ki vo apni taklif tere sath share nahi kar raha. Right?" Samiksha looked away. "Usse jaane de Sam. Shayad uske jaane ke baad, humse durr rehne ke baad usse samajh aaye ki what he is doing is wrong. Shayad durr rehne se usse uski galti ka ehsaas ho ki that he doesn't have to burden up everything on his own, especially when he has his friends. Give him the space he needs to make him realize his mistake rather than avoiding him," he explained gently.

Samiskha sighed. He was right. Maybe she was overreacting, or maybe she wasn't able to digest the fact that the friend of hers who used to share everything with her once suddenly changed.

"Guys, chalo na, Mohit ki performance ka time ho raha hai," Arya's voice came from behind.

Samiskha and Anant nodded and made their way out. As they went and sat down with their family, Mohit stepped up on the stage with his guitar.

Mohit looked at Samiksha who looked away. He knew he was hurting her, but he too didn't have a choice. The one-sided love he has had for the girl for the past 5 years was willing to come out of his mouth in words and confessions... something he can't do. He would have confessed the truth, but not after the mess he has created in his life... his Samiksha deserved better... someone better than him!

The one who can make her smile the brightest, the one who will take care of her and make sure that she never sheds a single tear, the one who can shield her from every single problem she might face or stand by her side facing everything with her. But not him, definitely... he doesn't deserve it!

He was determined to leave, but he just needed one thing: his friend's forgiveness! He knew it was the hardest thing, as he had been expecting too much from Samiksha for so long, yet the girl never left his side. He just wished and hoped that for once, for this one time too, she does that. He was being selfish, but he didn't have a choice. It was for the betterment of them both! Before leaving, he just wanted his friend to smile and let him go happily...

He adjusted the mic and looked at everyone; they were all crazy for his singing, especially his college mates. He had been the youngest singer for last two years now, all because of his Bhaiya's support!

"Well, this big speech and all mujhe yeh sab nahi aata guys... so spare me the torture." Everyone chuckled, he smiled, "Friends... har kisi ko apni life mein ek dost ki zarurat hoti hai and if I say precisely that's the only relation which we are allowed to choose by ourselves in this universe! A friend who can laugh at you when you trip, a friend who can fight for you and fight with you, a friend who can laugh with you at the same stupid lame jokes of yours again and again, they are always honest with us and hate to sugarcoat things...the real reailty check in our lives! No matter how many miles away we live they are still by our side. When we are at our best they celebrate it with us and when we are at our worst they support us, guide us, and advise us. I am grateful I have such friends in my life....F4." He looked at his gang who had tears in their eyes by now, "Jeez! Don't cry guys... meri bidaai nahi hori hai." The gang glared at him while everyone chuckled.