Epilogue

A few weeks passed by. Things were changing in Shikhawat Siblings' life... for the better. The speech Samiksha gave overwhelmed Surya to such an extent that, for the first time in four years, he let go of his pain and cried in his wife's embrace for hours. He released all his hesitations, self-doubts, and anxiety that had been blooming under the situation, ready to move on.

Earlier, he thought he didn't deserve to be called Samiksha's brother and parent figure, but he changed his perspective for the better. He molded himself into both roles very well; when needed, he was strict like, a father towards Samiksha, making her toe the line with just one look! And he was still the same pampering brother of Samiksha. He was letting his cheerful sideout, and in fact, he didn't mind thinking that he just needed to be the responsible parent when he could also be friendly brother too.

It was a new day in the Shikwahwat Mansion. Surya entered Samiskha's room like a grumpy bear, but his annoyance increased when he saw his sister sprawled on the bed like Sleeping Beauty. He made his way towards her and shook her, not so gently.

"Sam!"

No response.

"Sam!"

"Samiksha Shikhawat, get up!" He firmed his voice, but it fell on deaf ears of his little sloth. He was sure that even if an earthquake came, she wouldn't budge. Long gone was the sister who used to get up at once upon hearing his voice. This one was a brat...his brat!

He looked at the water jug, and a devil danced in his eyes. If his sister was the brat, then he had his own degrees in being a bigger brat. He picked up the jug and splashed it on Samiksha unceremoniously.

Samiksha sat up abruptly, "ahhh bhaiya...bhaiya ..baad baad aa gayi...." She trailed off upon hearing the laughter and glared at her brother, which looked nothing but cute.

"What was that, Bhaiya?" She asked, annoyed, wiping her face with Surya's shirt itself. Surya shook his head and sat beside her.

"You are looking cute, Sam," he said, pulling her cheeks and annoying her further.

Samiksha swatted his hand away, "What the fuc....fudge!" She changed her stance as Surya glared harder, making her huff...Now she can't even curse properly!

Veer whacked her, "Dare you use that word again and see...."

Samiskha sighed and laid down, "Fine, I won't. Now please leave bhaiya...Sona hai mujhe."

Surya pulled her up, "Tera sona gaya tel lene. First help me."

Samiskha frowned, "Ab kya kiya aapne?"

Veer looked away.

Samiskha's eyes widened in shock, "Don't tell me you forgot your date with bhabhi again." Surya nodded slowly, "I swear Bhaiya, agar aap mere bade Bhai nahi hote toh mein aapko...." She trailed off seeing the look he threw at her. I would beat you, making a dough out of you...she huffed mentally!

"Do you even realize bhaiya, this is the third time you have done that and then you come to me asking how to pacify your wife. Jaise ki I am Google or something, type the reasons and ideas will pop up."

Surya palmed his face, "I didn't do it purposely yaar. It was just that I was stuck in a case jb tk I got free, I actually forgot about the date."

"You see, aapki galti hai. The last two times I helped you and received a good earful in return. This time aapna falya hua raita aap he samneto."

"Princess, please!" Surya said softly, tugging at her hand.

This was a new norm for both the siblings, in the process of moving on and leaving the past behind, both were taking steps slowly. Surya again started to call his sister 'Princess,' which she is to him. Earlier, he was hesitant, not wanting her to slip back, but seeing his struggles and longing, Samiksha herself agreed. The word was always special to her, even though it haunted her with darkness, but she had more good memories with it on the brighter side, and that was enough for Samiksha.