Chapter- 14 Circumstances!

Two days ago, when Veer received the call from Aditi...

Veer: "Hello?"

Aditi: "I've got a lead on a child trafficking case in the nearby village. It's crucial that we act fast."

Veer: "I am coming, you are not going there alone. It can be dangerous. I will be there within half an hour, and we will leave together."

As Veer reached the nearby cafe where Aditi was waiting for him, he stopped the car and she immediately hopped on.

"Yeh dekhiye. Yeh map hai uss gaon ka...." she showed him the map, "Gaon zyada bada nahi hai but log kafi hain, they have abandoned factories hai. I think yahi se yeh sab hota hai."

Veer sighed, "We don't have enough proofs, Aditi."

The murder case they were working on made them drop the formalities they were sharing, somewhere they were becoming good friends, trying to understand each other's ways of working and blending in without any ifs and buts.

"Yeh dekhiye." Aditi showed him some documents and photos that she received.

"Mere sources ka kehna hai that kal raat ko kam se kam 50 bachon ko India se bahar bheja jayega uss gaon se." Aditi said, "Humari problem yeh hai ki hum kisi ki help nahi le sakte as we don't have enough proofs nor will anyone listen to us. As the Home Minister of our country...vo unka gaon, unka birthplace hai. Agar humne questions uthaye toh things might get worse aur baat hum par aa sakti hai."

Veer palmed his face, "So you want us to go there and collect the proof before striking them legally."

Aditi nodded.

Veer shook his head, "It's illegal aur..."

"Illegal tab hoga jab hum kisi ke ghar mein ghus kar break-in karenge. All we are going to do is going there... waha hum logon se baat karenge like normal civilians. Humari identity batane ki zarurat nahi hai, we can go as tourists and that can work in our favor." Aditi explained gently.

"But how did you get the lead first? Tell me that. I know we are not allowed to tell each other about our sources, but still I just..."

"A girl in her mid-twenties came to me with all this. Basically, she lives in that village only. Usse kuch time se Shaq tha aur uska Shaq yakin mai tb badla when her 12-year-old brother went missing. She was the only girl in the family... usne pura village dhundha, she asked every single person in the village, but they lied, saying they didn't see him. Prr jb usse pta chala uske Bhai ke sath ek doo aur baache gayab hai, she came to ask for my help." Aditi explained, "I asked her to collect everything, and she is the one jo aapke pass FIR leke ayi thi."

Veer nodded, remembering, "I guess waha kuch aur he baada hai that we are missing... isn't it? Like pura gao mai ussne pucha but no one uttered a word... itne se gao mai kisi ne baache ko nhi dekha... quite strange!"

"Ussi strange ko hume pata karna hai Surya. Abhi tak 50 bachon ki jaan khatre mein hai ya shayad usse zyada," Aditi said tensed.

Veer sighed, "Don't worry, we will leave now only. Teen ghante mein hum waha pahunch jayenge..." Executing a perfect plan, they drove off to the village.

The long journey of three hours came to an end. By the time they arrived at the village, it was already morning. Both of them blended in with the locals, gathering information discreetly. The whole day passed by gathering information; the talk with the villagers gave them enough insight into how obnoxious, narrow-minded, and orthodox the village people were. It was evening, and finally, Veer and Aditi's search for evidence led them to the village temple.