Chapter- 36

Aditi looked at Surya, who was sitting on the bed looking lost in his thoughts. Since they had stepped into the house, he had been silent. She tried to talk to him and even encouraged him to speak, but received silence in response. At this stage, she was clueless about what she should do to make her husband react; the unknown guilt in his eyes didn't sit well with her. Her husband wasn't at fault, even though she tried to talk to him and explain, he remained rigid. She sighed and walked out of the room. The lost look on Surya's face was not something she was used to seeing, and when this was the first time she had seen it. She didn't know how to handle it.

As she stepped into the garden, she was surprised to see Samiskha lying on the grass, gazing at the stars. The girl might be going through her own turmoils from within. Vidya's words were not something she or Surya wished for her to listen to, but the damage was already done and they can't undo it. She walked towards Samiskha and sat beside her. Samiskha looked at her and casually kept her head on her lap.

"Kya soch rahi hai?" Aditi asked gently, caressing her hair.

Samiskha shook her head, "Bhaiya thik hai?"

Aditi sighed, "He is quite... like way too much quiet. I tried to talk to him, but he isn't reacting to my words, and I am worried."

Samiskha, "It's okay bhabhi. Jab ladkiyon ke sath aisa kuch hota hai, toh they go through hell from within. Bhaiya ladke hai, but that doesn't mean he has to move on or behave like nothing happened."

Aditi nodded, "I am getting your point, Sam, but we can't just let him blame himself. Surya ki ankho mein guilt dekh sakti hoon main. I don't want him to close off... at least he should talk it out, right?"

Samiskha nodded and stood up, "Chalo, I know how to make him react."

Aditi stood up immediately, "What are you going to do?"

Samiskha shrugged and started to move in while Aditi followed. Her bhaiya is a thick-skinned bear, and to make him react, she needs to ruffle up his hairs and he will scowl back just like that.

Once inside, Samiskha went and sat on the bed beside Surya, "Aap thik ho Bhaiya?"

Surya nodded numbly.

Samiksha looked at Aditi, "You know what bhabhi, ab hum Bhaiya se hi pooch lete hai uss case ke baare mein."

Aditi looked startled while Samiksha discreetly winked at her, making her nod.

Samiksha casually laid down on the bed, "Bhaiya, ab aap bhi apni raay de do. Bhabhi ko lagta hai I am being insensitive but I am just keeping my point."

Surya frowned, "Kya baat kar rahi hai tu?"

Samiksha, "Ek lady ne apne friend par case kiya harassment ka. The friend of hers tried to corner her without her consent and even after saying 'No', he tried to force himself and threatened her. Lekin jab uss ladki ne FIR file ki, ladke ne saara ilzaam ladki par laga diya. Now it ended up in court, bhabhi uss ladki ka case lad rahi hai."

Surya palmed his face, "What are you trying to say Samiskha? Mujhe kuch samajh nhi aa raha hai?"

Samiksha sighed, "Aap kis ke side ho baato ladke ke ya ladki ke?"

Surya stood up facing her, "Obviously ladki ke Samisksha. Yeh Kasia sawal hua?"

Samiskha too sat up, "Mere hisab se galti ladki ki hai."

Surya frowned, "Kyu?"

Samiskha, "Dekho ab she tried to let the guy enter her space, she trusted the worng person toh ab yeh toh hona he tha and..."

"Samiksha!" Surya almost yelled, making her flinch, and she immediately stood up. The fact that the child he raised was talking like a heartless and thoughtless person didn't sit well with him, and his eyes blazed with anger.