Chapter- 29 The Dictator!

Surya sat in the ICU holding onto Samiksha's hand. His eyes were overflowing with non-stop tears, which he wasn't even able to wipe away due to the pain he was feeling in his chest. He gently squeezed Samiksha's hand...

"Pri...Princess!" he said softly, choking on his own words. "Princess! Tujhe yaad hai tu choti thi toh mujhe kehti thi you want a special name that only I can call you with. Tere liye 'Samiksha' an 8 letter word bada tha, Sam tujhe pasand nahi tha so we stuck to the Princess Jo tune mujhe ek baar Arya ko kehte sun liya tha. You remember you were so jealous of that and asked me to call you Princess, forgetting the fact that just like your name 'princess' is also an 8-letter word but tune meri ek nahi suni and from that day you became my princess! A treasure of mine jiss par mein apni saari khushiyan kurban kar du."

"Meri Princess ki saari baalye mujhe lage aur meri saari khushiyan tujhe! I know somewhere I failed as a brother... jis insan ne tujhe taklif di, itna dek diya. I still didn't get my hands on that monster. Jo word tu mujhse har din raat sunna chahti thi wahi ek word aaj tujhe mujhse dur kar sakta hai, we had so many good memories on that word but today that simple yet beautiful word has become a nightmare for my sister."

"But I promise I will make everything right. Jis insan ne tere sath galat kiya hai usse uske kiye ke saza tu khud degi... you will soon see that man being thrashed in front of you...very soon bacha I promise."

He wiped away his teas and shook her hand gently, "Tab tak apne bhaiya ka hath maat chod... tu janti hai na tere bina mein nahi reh sakta, mera dil, meri saas, meri dhadkan, meri rooh sab kuch tujhse he hai Princess. Please get up... tu toh meri har baat maanti hai na toh phir yeh wali bhi baat maan le... please uth jaa... uth jaa isse pehle ki tera ye bhai tut jaye, bikhar jaye uth jaa please." He sobbed and hugged Aditi who had just stepped in. She rubbed his back, trying to calm him down. His pain was so visible that it brought tears to her eyes.

She looked up at Samiksha and saw her flinching. "Get it together, Surya. Look...she's awake," she said gently, pulling back.

Surya looked up immediately, he extended his hand but quickly pulled back, asking Aditi to "Stay." He left, not wanting to see something he had seen before. First, he needed to talk to the doctor and then see his child.

Samiksha sat up leaning on the bed as the doctor left after the checkup and, removed the IV drips. She sighed and looked at the door, searching for her Bhaiya, who had just left the minute she woke up. Aditi cut the apple slice and forwarded it towards her mouth. She knew who Samiksha was searching for, but she couldn't help it. It was Surya's fear that was making him feel paranoid. After everything she got to know, she was herself at a loss for words to say or explain anything to a man who is suffering like hell from inside.

Samiksha looked at the apple and made a weird face, "Bhabhi, aapko yeh apple khana hai toh kaho na mujhe kyu khela rahi ho? You know, too much of eating apples may increase the size of bloating and stomach ache...in fact, sugar problems bhi ho sakti hai."

Aditi looked at the brat and sighed, "Beta, too much apple khane se hota hai na yeh sab?"

Samiksha nodded.

"Par yeh toh ek he apple hai aur aur yeh apple zyada sweet bhi nahi hai bacha. Aur ek maze ke baatu, yeh fresh apples hain and mein tujhe doctor se puch kar he khela rahi hoon...kuch hua bhi toh we are in the hospital only. Doctor dekh lenge. Right?"

Samiksha huffed, "You are indeed a good lawyer!" She commented, opening her mouth, and Aditi fed her.

Aditi chuckled, "Chal at least you realized that."

"Accha Bhaiya kahan hain? Abhi tak milne nahi aye mujhse aur...." She trailed off as realization dawned upon her. She looked around the room, "Main hospital mein kaise puchi...vo toh puchna he bhul gayi main aapko? I mean jaha tak mujhe yaad hai, I was in my room studying, phir main kitchen mein aa rahi thi kuch khane, but seediyon par se phir...." She held her head trying to remember what exactly happened.