Chapter- 4 Friends = Family

Next morning,

Samiksha woke up and sat on the bed, rubbing her eyes. It took her a moment to realize what had happened yesterday. She looked around but didn't find her Bhaiya. Subconsciously, she felt the usual warmth of her brother while she was sleeping, but now that he wasn't there, she didn't know if he had really come or not. Taking a deep breath, she got out of bed, determined to apologize for her mistakes. Within a few minutes, she got ready and left for downstairs. As she walked towards the dining area, her heart beat rose. Knowing there was no escape from the consequences, she pushed those thoughts away and made her way towards the kitchen, not finding Veer on the Dining table.

As Samiksha entered the kitchen she hesitantly approached Suryaveer. She hugged him from behind, burying her face in his back. Veer stiffened but soon composed himself and got back to cooking. Samiksha stood there, stuck to him like glue. She waited for him to say something, shrug her off, or at least react, but he did nothing. She sighed within and stepped back, turning Veer towards her.

"Bh..Bhaiya!" She dared to call out slowly, but Veer didn't even spare her a glance, and her eyes welled up.

Veer stepped back, pulling away from Samiksha's hold. He took the breakfast and walked out of the kitchen, leaving Samiksha frozen. That was the thing she dreaded the most...Silence! She was okay with any form of punishment, but silence was something she hated. Living in such a damn big mansion with only two people and a few staff members with whom she didn't even interact with! Veer's silent treatment always pinched her heart, and it was proof that her Bhaiya was more hurt and upset than angry. Wiping her tears furiously and shaking off her thoughts, she went out to pacify her Bhaiya. She was determined to take anything, even a slap, but not his silent treatment, this time. As she walked out and stood beside Veer, who was sitting on the chair, still waiting for her! She knelt down beside him and held his hand gently. Yet Veer sat there like a statue!

"Bh..Bhaiya! Ca..can we please talk?" She asked softly. It was hard for her to speak a word without fumbling, usually, and when he was in his silent mood, it was getting worse!

Veer looked at her with his eyes piercing her soul, and she immediately lowered her gaze. "If you are capable of making mistakes, which I hate... then you should be capable enough to look at me... in the eye and talk!" He said coldly, making her flinch slightly.

She dared too look back at him, "Kl raat jo bhi hua I really didn't do anything purposely Bhaiya." She said honestly gathering all the courage she has felt for now, "I won't give you any justification because I have none. Galti ki hai mene, I was being careless, I behaved like an idot but I promise....I swear Bhaiya Aaj ke baad kuch bhi ho jaye I won't do anything like this again. Just one chance please...Aap mujhe jo saza denge mujhe mazoor hogi Bhaiya. But please talk to me your silence is..." She stopped as Veer's phone rang.

He frowned amd received the call, "Yes Arya? Kuch kaam tha?"

Whatever said from the other side made him galre at Samiskha harder. She immediately stood up thinking, 'Now what she did?'

"She is fine Arya! She coming to the college only." Veer replied and dissconted the call.

"Phone kha hai tera?" He asked Samiskha taking a step towards her who immediately took two steps back. She frowned and stiffed her phone was....dead! She dared to at a peck at Veer and flinched back....she was in trouble... Again! All thanks to that stupid idiot friend of hers!

""Go and bring your phone!" commanded Veer, breaking her thoughts, and she immediately ran away. Veer stood there rubbing his forehead; his mind was so messed up yesterday that he forgot about the phone. Now that Arya called him saying she is not able to reach Samiksha, as her phone was switched off, he connected the dots and filled in the missing parts, which was enough to add fuel to the already burning fire.