Chapter- 17 Changing Equations!

Two days later,

Mr. Singh was discharged from the hospital; his condition was much better, and his younger brother took the initiative of taking care of him. Aditi was unsure and wished to stay behind with him, but in the end agreed when her father insisted on her staying with Shikhawat's itself. He wished to have them get married properly but didn't voice out his opinion, understanding that the family needs time to adjust to the sudden changes in their lives.

It was evening when Veer and Aditi left Aditi's house and drove off towards Shikhawat Mansion. They hadn't had any normal conversation for the last two days, and even if they did, it felt more awkward than anything else.

For the past two days, Veer has been busy slapping media houses with defamation cases. Earlier, he didn't pay much heed to the articles due to the chaos. But once things started to settle down and he went through the articles, there was nothing that could stop the fury he felt. Not indirectly, but directly, everyone was raising questions about Aditi, her character, her upbringing - everything was being questioned, something that was not acceptable to him. Even though he was already married, but just because she is a girl, people get a free pass to do whatever they want. Suryaveer didn't spare anyone, and within a day, he slammed almost 20 media houses with defamation cases for printing and giving false statements - a pure criminal offense!

Veer was driving silently. He wanted to clear out a few things with Aditi, but he was stuck on how to do that. He didn't wish to say something that might hurt her, nor did he wish to rebuild or form any relationship based on a lie. He contemplated for a few minutes before taking a U-turn and driving towards the beach. Better to get over it than burdening the mind unnecessarily!

Aditi saw the way he changed the route but she kept quiet. What both the Shikhawat Siblings did for her... after that she owed them a lot. In a way, they saved her father's life and she can't be more glad than she already was. For some reasons, she saw the underlying fears in Samiksha's eyes and what surprised her was the same laid in Suryaveer's eyes. She wished to ask him and clear the air but she was hesitant. She doesn't even know where she stands in Suryaveer's life and for Samiksha, the girl was far away from her reach to even acknowledge. After the words she had said im front of her father, Samiksha closed herself off completely, which was enough for her to know that she doesn't like her even a bit. Also, surprisingly, Samiksha's changed behavior hurt her more than anything... there she saw a little bit of hope, and that hope crumbled down when Samiksha started to avoid her.

She came out of her thoughts as the car stopped on the Beach road. She frowned but nonetheless got down as Veer also got down.

"Ca...can we talk?" Veer asked hesitantly.

Aditi nodded, and they walked towards the beach, slowly walking and staring at the waves.

Veer, "I know tumhari apni marriage life se bahut saari icchey hongi aur aapne hone wale life partner se bhi. I... I don't know what future holds for us but I will try to blend into your life just the way you want, Aditi. I am not perfect but I will try to become one just for you. Jis halat mein hum dono ne shaadi ki... I know no one deserves it... no woman deserves it but still now we can't go back in time and change everything. You will have my respect, you will have my loyalty, you will have complete say in the house, you can keep your point without any hesitation, koi tumhe nahi rokega, you are now part of my family... my wife. But there is still one thing I can't offer you... and that's my priority. Meri liye meri behen hamesha se meri pehli priority rahi hai aur aage bhi wahi rahegi. I know I am sounding selfish but I can't help it nor can I change it.

"Samiskha meri liye sirf meri behen nahi, meri beti jaise hai and I want you to understand that fact. She is strong but a bit sensitive, way too mature than her age, and way too selfless too. She is honest with her feelings and thoughts, due to which she might sometimes sound rude, but she has a heart of gold. Ek baar agar woh kisi se pyaar kar leti hai... she doesn't let anybody harm that person, even though that person is elder or younger than her... her possessiveness for her loved ones isn't bound by age. Agar tumhe kabhi uski kisi bhi baat ka bura laga, ya tumhe laga she said or did something wrong towards you... you can come to me directly. I will talk it out with Sam and explain to her, but please just don't... hurt her in any way, not until she is ready to take a step towards you or you are ready to take a step towards her..."