Pokemon Emergency

"Attention citizens of Viridian City." said a woman on a speaker. "Attention citizens of Viridian City. We have reports of possible Pokémon thieves in our area. Be on the lookout for suspicious looking strangers. Repeat, be on the lookout for suspicious looking...huh?"

The woman in police clothes sees Ash and Hayley walk into town. "Speak of the devil." she said. Ash and Hayley panted as they ran into town, with Ash carrying Pikachu in his arms.

"Hold it." said the officer, grabbing Ash and Hayley by their backpacks. "And just where do you two think you're going with that Pokémon?"

"It's my Pokémon and its hurt and we've got to get to the hospital right away." said Ash.

"It's the truth." said Hayley.

"Oh, I'm sorry." said the officer. "I thought you might be stealing it. Just show me your I.D. and you can go."

"I.D.?" asked Hayley, confused and looked up at her brother. "What I.D.?"

"I.D. We don't have any." said Ash. "You see, we just came here from Pallet and we..."

"You know, you're the fourth and fifth people I've seen today from Pallet Town." she tells him.

"The fourth and fifth. Oh, that means Gary Oak is here already." said Ash.

"I'm really starting to detest Gary Oak." grumbled Hayley.

"It's very unusual for someone to carry a Pokémon around in his arms and not in a Pokeball." said the officer. "How do I know you didn't steal that Pokémon, especially since you don't have any identification?"

"Well, for starters," said Hayley as she walks over to the wanted sign. "Does the people in this wanted poster look like us? Because I sure don't see the resemblance."

"My sister has a point." said Ash. "Please let us through. I wouldn't steal a Pokémon and we've got to get Pikachu to a hospital. Please, miss." She then notices something in Ash's pocket.

"Hey, what's that in your pocket?" asked the officer.

"What? Oh this?" asked Ash as he takes out his Pokedex and the officer swipes it out of his hand.

"This, this is perfect." she said. "A Pokedex!"

"Did she just..." said Hayley, blinking.

"Yeah." said Ash.

"This will solve our problem." said the officer, ignoring what Hayley said.

"Huh?" said the brother and sister.

"Let's see. If you're the real deal." she said, opening the Pokedex.

"I'm Dexter, a Pokedex programmed by Professor Oak for Pokémon Trainers Ash and Hayley Ketchum of the town of Pallet." said Dexter, showing a picture of the siblings. "My function is to provide Ash and Hayley with information and advice regarding Pokémon and their training. If lost or stolen, I cannot be replaced."

"Oh, my Pokedex." said Ash. "I didn't realize it was also our I.D."

"That explains why I didn't get a Pokedex when we got Pikachu." said Erin and he nodded.

"Can my sister and I take Pikachu to the Pokémon center now?" Ash asked.

"Please?" asked Hayley.

"I'll get you there in no time at all." said the officer. The garage door opens with Ash in the side car and Hayley holding onto the officer. "Sit back, hold on and don't yell." said the officer.

"Whoa." said Ash as the officer revs the engine and takes off. Just as they take off, the redheaded girl walks up with her bike in tow.

"Hey, what's the big idea?" she asked but was too late. "Ugh, come back here." Just as she runs off after Ash and Hayley, a hook grabs the wanted poster from the sign. In the sky, a hot air balloon carried the people who are on the wanted poster.