Battle Aboard the St. Anne

A foghorn was heard in the distance of Vermillion City.

Narrator: As his Pokémon journey continues, Ash is one step closer to achieving his dream of becoming a Pokémon master.

Hayley: And I'm at least one step closer to becoming a good Pokémon trainer.

Narrator: You think so?

Hayley: I think so, but I'm not sure yet.

Narrator: Last time, Ash defeated the Vermillion Gym Leader and earned a thunder badge.

"Hm?" said Ash, looking up to see a ship in the distance. "Hey."

"Pikachu." said Pikachu.

Narrator: Has Ash's ship finally come in, or will our heroes be cruisin' for a bruisin'?

Hayley: To be fair...that is up for discussion.

"Pika!" said Pikachu.

"Wow!" said Ash.

"Beautiful." said Misty.

"Oh, man, I'd love to cross the ocean on a ship like this." said Ash.

"Yeah, just think of all the Pokémon we'd be able to see along the way." said Brock.

"All the Pokémon eggs." said Hayley, thinking about the many Pokémon eggs that were on the ship.

"Riol." said Meeko, thinking about her potential new friends.

"Oh, for sure." said Misty. "Just imagine, sunbathing on the deck all day. Just a nice, long, relaxing cruise."

"We could never afford a cruise like that." said Brock.

"Oh." said Misty, dejectedly.

"But it still doesn't stop us from wishing about it though." said Hayley as they walked past one of the ships in the shipyard.

"Reality can really burn you out." added Ash.

"Congratulations! You guys are way lucky." said a familiar looking duo. "You can go on a super deluxe sea cruise!"

"A sea cruise?" the quartet asked.

"Well, it's, like, you know, we have these incredible, super cool tickets for you." said Jessie.

"Cool." James said in a falsetto voice.

"Cool, huh?" Jessie asked, with the tickets shoved in Ash's face.

"What?" asked Misty.

"These are tickets for the biggest party ever, on board the St. Anne cruise liner." Jessie explained.

"The famous St. Anne?" asked Ash as Hayley and Meeko looked up at the ship.

"Cool." said James.

"The coolest ship on the sea." said Jessie. "Everyone's going to be together and, like, have the coolest party."

"Cool." said James.

"And the party's for Pokémon trainers only." said Jessie.

"Cool."

"Step this way." said Jessie as James giggles. "It'll be a radical party. All the most radical Pokémon trainers will be there."

"I will never unsee this. It's been burned into my brain." said Hayley as she sees James in feminine clothes. "I'm officially creeped out by it."

"Riol....." said Meeko, rubbing her eyes as she takes a good look at James. "Riolu, Ri."

"No kidding." said Brock.