Showdown in Pewter City

Out on a dirt road, shovels were throwing parts of dirt around.

"To protect the world from devastation..."

"To untie all peoples within our nation...."

"To denounce the evils of truth and love. To extend our reach to the stars above."

"Jessie."

"James."

"Meowth. I don't get why you two are always talking and I'm stuck doing all the work!" said Meowth.

"We haven't got much time." said Jessie. "If they're headed for Pewter City, they're have to pass this way!"

"And they'll have to fall right into our trap." said James.

"Although, I wonder if that little girl's Poke-egg hatched yet." Jessie tells James.

"True, it should've at least hatched by now." said James.

"Come on! Dig it deep, then we'll cover it up so well they'll never guess it's a trap!" said Meowth as they covered it with tied up branches, leaves and dirt. "Ha! Perfect!"

"Ah! I can't even tell where the trap is!" shouted James.

"Wasn't it here?" asked Jessie as they tried to look for it.

"Is this it?" asked James.

"Where did it go!" said Jessie.

"It's over there." said Meowth. What they didn't know was that as soon as the ground beneath them gave away, they found their trap.

"Hm? Huh?" all three of them said, as they looked at each other and before they knew it, they fell into their trap with dirt falling on top of them.

Narrator: Continuing his quest to become the world's greatest Pokémon trainer, Ash and Hayley have found their way out of the Viridian Forest.

Hayley: Luckily for me, I just want to be a good Pokémon Trainer.

Narrator: That is true.

Hayley: I did found out if Riolu was a boy or a girl though.

Narrator: Well?

Hayley: My Riolu is a girl. I'm still picking out a nickname! So don't rush me.

Just as Pewter City came into view, Ash gasps.

Narrator: Anyway...No doubt some new and surprising challenges lie ahead for Ash, Pikachu, Hayley, Riolu and Misty!

"Yay, Pewter City!" sheered Misty.

"Phew." said Ash. "For a while there, I thought Hayley and I were going to be in the forest for the rest of our lives."

"Chu." said Pikachu.

"I don't want to live in the Viridian forest for the rest of my life." said Hayley.

"Riolu." Riolu sighed in relief, happy to be out of the forest.

"Pewter City is gray, the color of stone." said a man with a red cap on his head. "This town has always been famous for stone."

Ash, Misty and Hayley looks down at the man. "Huh? What the...? Who's this old guy?" asked Ash.

"I don't know." said Hayley, shrugging her shoulders.

"Never met him." said Misty.

"The name's Flint." he said, introducing himself. "And you're sitting on some of my merchandise, young man."

"Oh, sorry!" said Ash, getting up and sees that he's selling other rocks. "Uh, you mean you sell rocks?"

"They're Pewter City souvenirs. Want to buy some?" asked Flint.