Bye Bye Butterfree

Narrator: Once again, we join our heroes, Ash and his sister, Hayley on their continuing journey to becoming a Pokémon master.

Hayley: For the record, I may be eight years old, but I'm following my brother and helping him out when needed.

Narrator: That's right. Becoming a Pokémon master is Ash's dream. Hayley just wants to be a great Pokémon trainer.

Hayley: That's right!

Narrator: With their friends, Brock, Misty, Pikachu and Meeko, Ash and Hayley's next adventure is on the horizon.

"Wow, look at those rocks." said Ash.

"Riol." said Meeko.

"Pi." said Pikachu.

"That's a long drop." Ash said, peering over the edge.

"Yeah, and that's if someone decided to push you." said Hayley.

"Fall from here and the ball game's over." said Misty. Brock stood up and looks at his map. "Mm-hm. Mm-hm." he said, looking to the right. "The map says that this ridge leads right to Saffron City."

"And to our next challenge at the Saffron Gym." said Ash. "Yeah. Huh? What are those?"

"They look like Butterfree." said Misty.

"The Butterfree are celebrating their season of love." said Brock.

"Cool!" said Hayley.

"Love?" asked Misty.

"Yeah." replied Brock. "The season of love is when Butterfree lay their eggs. The Butterfree find mates and then lay their eggs across the sea."

"Across the sea?" asked Ash and Hayley.

"That's right." said Brock.

"How cute." said Misty.

"You mean my Butterfree would go too?" asked Ash.

"If you don't let it cross the see, it will never have babies." said Brock.

"Hm. Babies?" said Ash.

"I'm surprised there was a hot air balloon for rent out here." said Misty.

"We'll probably see lots of other hot air balloons once we get up into the air." said Brock, then looks over to see trainers setting up hot air balloons. "Hold on, guys." Once in the sky, Ash and Hayley look over the edge of the basket. "Heh, what a view." said Ash.

"We're so high up." said Hayley, holding Meeko in her arms.

"Riol." said Meeko in awe. Pikachu looks over at another hot air balloon and chuckles.

"Huh?"

"Look, there they are." said Misty.

"So many Butterfree." Hayley said in awe.

"Let's go." said Brock and they went after the Butterfree.

"Butterfree." trilled the Butterfree.

"Wow, all the Butterfree are pairing off into couples." said Misty.

"Okay, Ash." said Brock.

"Oh, right." said Ash and takes out Butterfree. "Butterfree, go!" Out of its Pokeball, Butterfree goes off in search of a mate. "Go out there and find your mate." said Ash.

"Good luck, Butterfree." said Misty and Hayley. Each Butterfree that it went to turned it down, leaving Ash and Hayley confused. "Huh?" said Ash.

"I don't get it." said Hayley.