The Water Flowers of Cerulean City

Narrator: Determined to become a Pokémon master, Ash continues on his quest, gaining skill and knowledge and catching new Pokémon along the way with his sister, Hayley.

Hayley: You better believe it!

Meeko: Riol!

Narrator: His fierce Pokémon battle with Gym Leader Brock earned Ash a boulder badge and a brand-new friend.

Hayley: And it's someone else that Meeko and I can talk to besides Ash and Misty.

Narrator: Brock, hoping to be a Pokémon breeder, decided to join Ash, Hayley and Misty on their journey.

"Gary was here, Ash is a loser." said Gary, written on the sign to Cerulean City.

Narrator: But with his rival, Gary, way ahead of him, Ash Ketchum is still playing catch up. We can only wonder what adventures lie ahead.

It was sunny and birds were chirping as Ash and the others made their way to Cerulean City. "Ah, it's a great day to just enjoy the sunshine." said Ash, stretching his arms.

"And while you're enjoying the sunshine, Gary's catching more Pokémon." said Brock.

"Ah!" said Ash.

"But I guess a Pokémon trainer can capture Pokémon and enjoy the sun." Brock added.

"Pika." said Pikachu, looking over its shoulder. Far behind them and dragging her feet was Misty.

"Hey! Wait a minute!" Misty called out.

"Cha!" squeaked Pikachu.

"Riolu." said Meeko.

"Where do you think you're going?" she asked.

"Oh, I know where we're going." said Ash. "We're going to Cerulean City."

"Uh, Cerulean City?" asked Misty, panicking. "What are you going there for?"

"Well, it's none of your business, but I'm going for more badges." said Ash.

"Uh, Ash, you don't want Pokémon from there. Trust me." said Misty.

"Not even a Pokémon egg from there?" asked Hayley.

"Hayley, you can still get a Pokémon egg, I just don't want your brother battling there." said Misty.

"Why not?" asked Ash.

"Because they're all..."

"All what?"

"...very scary ghost Pokémon that look like this." said Misty and makes a scary face. "Like monsters."

Ash starts laughing as Hayley says to Misty, "That's not even scary. What Ash does is scarier."

"Nice face, Misty. Come on, Brock. Let's go, Hayley, Pikachu and Meeko." he said, then takes Hayley by the hand.

"Hey, hey! Wait a second!" Misty shouted after them. "What about Vermillion City? It right on the water and there are lots of neat Pokémon and you can watch all the giant yachts pulling into the harbor. And there's a little park way up on a hill where you can sit and watch the sunset. That's so romantic."

"Uh-huh." said Ash.

"It's much nicer than that old Cerulean City, so let's get going!" said Misty.

"Okay, let's go." said Ash.

"Really?"

"To Cerulean City."

"Ah. Unh!"

"You know you walked into that one, right?" Hayley asked a fallen Misty.