The Punchy Pokémon

On a long road, a fighting Pokémon was running with its fists up to its face. It stops and starts taking a couple of punches in the air. Hiding behind a tree, a young girl watches the Pokémon. "Wow, look at that." said Ash. "It's a wild Hitmonchan."

"So that's one of those fighting Pokémon I've heard about." said Misty.

"It doesn't look like its wild to me." said Hayley.

"That one's a real fighter." said Brock.

"Hitmonchan, a skilled fighting Pokémon that packs an incredibly fast punch." said Dexter.

"All right, lets capture it." said Ash. "Ready, Pikachu?"

"Pikachu." said Pikachu, stunned.

"If you defeat Hitmonchan, you'll become the world champion Pokémon." said Ash.

"Pikachu." said Pikachu.

"I'm with Pikachu on this one, Ash." said Hayley.

"How would you know, Hayley?" asked Ash.

"Just look at Hitmonchan. It would physically knock Pikachu out in three seconds flat." she tells him.

"Riolu." said Meeko.

"Chan!" said Pikachu, dreaming about his knockout and hides behind Misty's leg. "Pika."

"You don't have to be afraid." Ash said to Pikachu. "I'll teach you my secret punch, and nobody'll be able to beat you."

"You have a secret punch? What secret punch?" asked Hayley. "Since when do you have a secret punch, Ash?"

"Rio?" asked Meeko.

"Pikachu." said Pikachu.

"You got to learn the basics first." said Ash, then demonstrates for Pikachu. "Keep your left up and jab with your right."

"Pika, Pika." Pikachu said, nodding.

"Since when did Ash become a boxing expert?" asked Brock.

"I don't know." said Hayley, shrugging her shoulders. "TV maybe?"

"Beats me." said Misty.

Narrator: Well, everything's been going pretty well. Misty caught Psyduck, and Brock got Vulpix, But Ash and Hayley haven't captured any Pokémon lately.

Hayley: Easy for you to say. He's taking forever to capture another Pokémon.

Narrator: He might be getting a little worried, but now Ash'll try his luck with Hitmonchan.

Hayley: I hope so. He's not the only one who's worried.

"Pi." said Pikachu, walking up to Hitmonchan with boxing gloves on his hands.

"Chan." said Hitmonchan.

"Okay, Hitmonchan, ready for a match?" Ash asked.

"Chan." Hitmonchan said, nodding as Pikachu throws a few punches. "Monchan."

"Hitmonchan, Pikachu's going to teach you a lesson." Ash tells Hitmonchan. "Pikachu, attack!"

"Pika." said Pikachu.

"Round 1." said Hayley as Misty and Brock rang a bell.

"Pika, pika, pika, chu!" said Pikachu, about to throw the first punch.

"That's it, Pikachu." he said. "Now jab, jab. Now give it the big uppercut."

"Pika, pika, pika, Pikachu!" shouted Pikachu, trying to land a punch on Hitmonchan, who used its arm to keep Pikachu away.