Mystery at the Lighthouse

"The road's gotta be somewhere." said Ash.

"That's what you said an hour ago, Ash." said Hayley.

"Everything's somewhere." said Brock.

"Ash, have you gotten us lost again?" asked Misty as Pikachu and Meeko whimpered tiredly.

Narrator: Well, here's a familiar scene. Wandering in the forest, it appears our friends have once again lost their way.

Pikachu, holding its arms in the air: Pikachu.

Hayley: And one little girl is getting sleepy.

Meeko, trying to keep her eyes open: Riol....

Narrator: It's been quite a while since Ash and Hayley left their home in the town of Pallet, and a lot has happened since they both began their Pokémon journey.

Hayley: While he's on his way of becoming a Pokémon master, I'm just going to become a good Pokémon Trainer. Who knows what I will do down the road but that's what I want to be.

Narrator: That's right. Ash's already earned two of the qualifying badges for participation on the Pokémon league, a Boulder Badge and a Cascade Badge.

"Pretty impressive, huh?" asked Ash, showing his badges.

"You didn't earn those badges." said Misty. "You got them just because Brock and my sister felt sorry for you."

"I did too." said Ash, rounding on her.

"Chill out, guys." said Brock.

"Yeah." said Hayley.

"Either way, Ash here has two badges and seven Pokémon." said Brock. "He needs to use the seven Pokémon that he has to compete in the Pokémon League."

Narrator: That's right, Brock. In the league, a trainer is allowed to carry six Pokémon at a time. What are their names again, Ash?"

"Their names are.... Pikachu."

"Pikachu." said Pikachu.

"Pidgeotto."

"(Squawks)" said Pidgeotto.

"Butterfree. Bulbasaur."

"Free." said Butterfree.

"Bulbasaur." said Bulbasaur.

"Charmander."

"Char." said Charmander.

"Squirtle."

"Squirtle. Squirtle." said Squirtle.

"Spearow."

"Spear." said Spearow.

Hayley: Unfortunately, I sent Spearow and my Pidgey, Tengu to Professor Oak, who promised me that he would let the both of them spend time with our mom. (Whispers to the audience) But he doesn't know that I did it when he caught Charmander.

"And I caught them all fair and square." said Ash.

"Caught them?" asked Misty. "Ash, all your Pokémon followed you."

"Well, heh, they're all mine, and that's all that really counts for a Pokémon trainer." said Ash.

Narrator: What about you, Hayley?"

Hayley: Well, I caught Tengu, Meeko, and Squirt. Even though I caught Tengu on my own without trying, Squirt decided to follow me. Meeko hatched from her egg.

"At least your sister admits it, Ash." said Brock.

"Yeah, and I give her some credit on that." said Misty.