The Battling Eevee Brothers

Narrator: As our heroes travel onward, a new challenge awaits them, and so do many new and unusual Pokémon.

Hayley: You got that right.

Meeko: Riolu.

"Pi?" said Pikachu, hearing something along the forest line.

"Rio." said Meeko, picking up an unusual aura.

"Huh? Whats the matter, Pikachu?" asked Ash.

"Are you sensing something new, Meeko?" asked Hayley.

"Pika-pi!" said Pikachu as he and Meeko ran into the bushes.

"Hey! Pikachu! Meeko!" shouted Ash and Hayley as the quartet ran after them.

"Pikachu." said Pikachu, pointing to a Pokémon that was tied to a tree.

"Huh?" they said, seeing the small Pokémon.

"Vee!" squealed the little Pokémon.

"No!" said Hayley as they walked up to it.

"Why's it tied up like that?" asked Misty, looking at the cute little Pokémon.

"It's been abandoned." said Brock.

"What?" asked Ash.

"No way." said Misty.

"So...we're going in for another round of abandoned Pokémon then?" asked Hayley.

"Riol?" asked Meeko.

"You mean that someone just left it here alone?" asked Ash.

"That's cruel." said Misty as Hayley walks up to her and tickles the side of the Pokémon, who then starts giggling while Ash gets out Dexter.

"Eevee. The evolution Pokémon. It has the potential to evolve into any one of three different Pokémon." said Dexter.

"Whoa, then I want one." said Ash.

"If you get one, then Meeko and I want one." said Hayley.

"Olu." said Meeko.

"I can see Hayley training one, but I don't think you should." said Misty, holding Eevee in her hands.

"Why not?" asked Ash.

"Take a look at this." said Misty, showing Ash that Eevee had a collar around its neck.

"A tag? Hmm." said Ash, taking a closer look. "Stone Town?"

"Stone Town? That's the place at the foot of Evolution Mountain." said Brock.

Ash and the others walked into town with Eevee in Misty's arms. "Eevee evolves into one of three different Pokémon, depending on what stone is used on it." Dexter said to Ash and Trixie. "Using a fire stone will yield Flareon, the fire Pokémon. A water stone yields Vaporeon, the bubble jet Pokémon. A thunder stone yields Jolteon, the lighting Pokémon."

"Huh, I'd love a Vaporeon." Misty said dreamily.

"Oh, big surprise, Misty. All you ever think about is water Pokémon." said Ash, then cross his arms. "It sounds to me like you want to keep that Eevee all to yourself."

"Ha! So that's why she won't let go of it." said Brock as Hayley and Meeko giggled.

"I know that I wouldn't let go of Meeko if she was that small." said Hayley.

"Olu." said Meeko.

"Well, if you really want something, you have to go for it." said Misty.

"Eevee." squealed Eevee.