The Bridge Bike Gang

Narrator: With fond memories of the Safari Zone fresh in their minds and a new Pokémon welcomed into the family, our heroes continue on their journey.

Hayley: I'm actually proud to have Kanga and little Kanga added to our family.

Narrator: Really?

Meeko: Riolu.

"Feels weird to be back in a city, huh, Misty?" asked Ash as he had his hands behind his head.

"Sure does." answered Misty. "Being out in the jungle was great, but it's kind of nice to come back to civilization."

"Hey, Pikachu, Hayley and Meeko, let's have a humongous meal when we get to the Pokémon center." said Ash.

"You got that right, big brother." said Hayley. "I'm hungry."

"Riol, Olu." said Meeko.

"Pi, Pika! Pika!" said Pikachu.

"I want a hot dog." said Misty.

"I want a deep dish, extra cheese pizza. Mm!" said Brock.

"Hey, what's that thing?" asked Ash.

"What thing?" asked Brock and Hayley.

"Let's go see!" Ash shouted and takes off running.

"Wait for us, Ash!" said Misty as they take off after him.

"Some of us are younger than you are! And don't forget with shorter legs too!" shouted Hayley. Once the quartet got to the water, they gasped to see a zigzag bridge.

"Wow! Look at that." said Ash.

"Pika!" said Pikachu.

"That's one unique bridge." said Hayley.

"Riolu." said Meeko.

"That's an amazing bridge." said Misty as Brock looks down at the map.

"So, it's been completed already." said Brock.

"Huh?" said Misty and Hayley.

"Hey. The map said it's still under construction." Brock explained. "But if its completed, we can go straight to Sunny Town on the opposite shore without going all the way around."

"Olu?" asked Meeko.

"He's basically saying that the bridge was still being built, according to the map." Hayley explained to Meeko. "Since the bridge is complete, the map should be updated whenever this town can do it."

"Olu." said Meeko, nodding.

"That's right, Hayley." said Brock.

"Great! We'll cross the bridge and get to the next town." said Ash. "Come on, let's go!"

"Pika!" said Pikachu.

"Well, I'm afraid the bridge isn't completely finished." said the man at the toll booth. "See there?"

"Huh?"

"That means we can't take the shortcut." said Brock.

"Riolu." said Meeko, hanging her head.

"Even if it were finished, the bridge is only for cars, anyway." said the man.

"The bridge is only for cars?" asked Ash and Hayley.

"Couldn't we just walk across it?" asked Ash.

"Please?" asked Hayley.

"Well, this bridge is over ten miles long." said the toll booth man. "It'd be dark before you reached the other side."