Primeape Goes Bananas

At Professor Oak's lab in Pallet Town, Professor Oak was sitting by a window, drinking tea. "Nothing like a cup of tea to start off the day." said the professor, chuckling a bit. Pokémon were outside, running around. Suddenly, the phone was ringing.

"Oh. Thanks a lot, Krabby." said Professor Oak, after taking another sip of tea while Krabby brings him the phone.

"Professor. Good morning." said Ash with Hayley standing next to him in the background.

"Good morning, Ash, Hayley. I was just wondering when you might be calling." said Professor Oak. "You have some good news?"

"I sure do. Look at this." said Ash, showing him.

"Ah! Mm!" said Professor Oak, when suddenly Abra comes out of his Pokeball and grabs onto Hayley.

"Ah! And as you can see, I caught an Abra while leaving Saffron City who just doesn't want to let go of me." said Hayley, feeling uncomfortable as Abra rubbed his head against Hayley's shoulder.

"Wow, that is some Abra." said Professor Oak.

"Abra." said the sleeping Pokémon, hugging the poor girl.

"Can I send him to you, please?" asked Hayley, feeling Abra's grip tighten around her. "Abra, I can't breathe."

"Please do." said the Professor as Hayley gets Abra into his Pokeball and hands the phone back to Ash.

"Pretty impressive, huh?" asked Ash. "I've already earned four badges."

"Only four badges?" asked Professor Oak. Ash gives Professor Oak a look before falling backwards. "Ash? Are you still there? Hayley, is he still there?"

"Yes, he's still here, Professor Oak. He's on the ground at the moment." she tells him, then sends Abra to Professor Oak.

"Well, I just found out from this morning that all your other rivals have earned five badges each, including Gary." said Professor Oak. "They've all passed through Celadon City, too."

"You know, Professor Oak. You really need to stop comparing Ash to Gary." said Hayley taking the phone out of her brother's hand.

"What do you mean?" he asked, curiously.

"I mean, I know that you want Ash to catch more Pokémon and that Gary's his rival...." said Hayley. "but the truth is, the more you keep comparing Ash to Gary, the more riled up Ash will get, and we both know that riling up Ash on a daily basis is my job."

"I understand, I was just giving him the benefit of the doubt." said Professor Oak, before turning to Ash.

"Oh! That Gary!" growled Ash.

"See what you did there?" asked Hayley and Professor Oak sighs, then nodded. "Now I have to rile him up tomorrow since you did my job today."

"You'd better hurry up, Ash." said Professor Oak. "You don't want to fall further behind the others. And Gary has already captured 30 Pokémon."

"30 Pokémon?" asked Ash.

"Well, I already know that Hayley has captured some, but what about you? What's going on?" asked Professor Oak. "I haven't gotten any Pokémon from you in a while. Not since the day you sent me Krabby here."

"Krabby. How are you doing?" asked Ash.

"Hi Krabby." said Hayley as Krabby hisses and grunts while waving its claws at the siblings.

"We've become very good friends." said Professor Oak. "We especially enjoy teatime and writing poetry, and some of it's not bad either. Everyday its cake and tea, just my Pokémon and me. You like it?"