Charmander, the Stray Pokémon

Narrator: With Bulbasaur as his newest Pokémon, Ash, Hayley and friends are making their way triumphantly to Vermillion City, aren't they?

Hayley: We're trying to...

Meeko, tired from walking: Ri.....olu.

Hayley: But Ash decided to make a pit stop to look for more Pokémon.

"There's nothing but Spearow around here." said Ash.

"Well, that's the least of our worries, isn't it?" said Misty.

"You know, Ash, you can always use Tengu." said Hayley, feeding Tengu on her shoulder.

"I know." he tells her. "I wish I could've caught it though."

"Pidge?" Tengu asked, looking down at Hayley from her shoulder.

"He's just jealous that I caught you first and not him." said Hayley, causing Ash to stick out his tongue.

"Pidgey, Gey, Pidge." said Tengu, then sticks his tongue out of his beak.

"Just because we're a little lost doesn't mean I have to stop catching all the Pokémon I can, does it?" asked Ash.

"Chu." said Pikachu.

"Of course not. Enjoy yourself." said Misty. Suddenly, Tengu perked up and flies off of Hayley's shoulder, towards the small group of wild Spearow that Ash saw. "Tengu, where are you going?" asked Hayley as Tengu lands a ways from them.

"Riol?" asked Meeko.

"Pidgey." said Tengu causing the wild Spearow to look up. "Pidgey. Pidgey, Pidgey, Pidgey, Pidg."

"What is Tengu doing over there?" asked Ash.

"I don't know." said Hayley. "I think he's talking to those wild Spearow about something."

"Pidgey." said Tengu, pointing a wing towards Ash and the others. One of the Spearow thought for a moment and nods in agreement. Tengu then flies over to Ash, knocking one of his Pokeball off of his waist. "Hey!" exclaimed Ash, trying to grab the Pokeball from him.

"I know what he's doing." said Brock.

"What?" asked Misty.

"Tengu wants you to capture that Spearow." he explained.

"Are you sure?" asked Ash.

"Spearow!" said the wild Spearow, nodding in affirmation.

"Pokeball, go!" shouted Ash, throwing the Pokeball and once inside, Spearow was captured.

"I just caught...a Spearow!" shouted Ash.

"Pik, Pikachu!" said Pikachu.

"Riolu! Riolu!" said Meeko, jumping for joy.

"You're amazing, you know that?" Hayley asked Tengu, who then nuzzles her cheek with his beak.

"Pidgey." cooed Tengu.

Narrator: Our friends have gotten off track just a bit and Ash has finally captured a Spearow.

"I just can't go on one step further." said Misty. "We've been looking for Vermillion City for ten whole days!"

"Yeah, and I need to stock up on some Pokémon food for Meeko to try." said Hayley as Brock walks over to Misty.

"Uh, there a bug right on your..." Brock started to tell her when Misty screaming.

"Get it away!" shrieked Misty, jumping onto Ash's back.

"That doesn't look like a bug to me." said Hayley as Tengu and Meeko gave Misty a weird look.