Ash Captures a Pokémon

Narrator: Deep in the dark Viridian Forest, Ash discovers a Caterpie and tries his best to make his first Pokémon catch.

Ash turns his hat backwards and throws the Pokeball. "Caterpie, you're mine!" he shouted. The Pokeball makes contact on Caterpie's head and was sucked inside. The Pokeball struggles for a moment before settling. Ash chuckles as he runs over to the Pokeball.

"Yes! I did it!" he shouted. "Aha! I did it! I got Caterpie!"

"Ash caught Caterpie! Ash caught Caterpie!" Hayley sang as she followed her brother.

"I did it all by myself. I caught my first Pokémon!" Ash exclaimed. "This is the first step on my way to becoming the number one Pokémon Master in the world."

"Ah! Hey! Wait a minute!" said Misty as Ash wraps his arm around hers.

"Ha-ha."

"Well, I know for a fact that I didn't crow like this when I caught Tengu." said Hayley.

"Pikachu." said Pikachu, causing her to look at the mouse as his eyes start spinning.

"I'm getting dizzy! I'm going to be sick! Quit it!" Misty tells Ash.

"You might want to put Caterpie away, Ash." said Hayley. "She looks like she's getting pale."

"Look out, Pokémon. Nothing's going to stop me now." said Ash, not hearing his sister as Pikachu falls to the ground.

"Ash, you're acting like..." said Misty then groans when Ash shoved the Pokeball in her face.

"Look." he said. "Inside this ball is the very first Pokémon I ever caught in my whole entire life."

"Great. Just keep it away from me, will you?" asked Misty.

"You're not afraid of an itty-bitty Caterpie in a Pokeball, are you?" asked Ash.

"Bugs get me all bugged out, even when they're in a Pokeball." said Misty. "Just keep it away!"

"I like bugs even if they're not in Pokéballs and so does Hayley." said Ash. "It must be great for Caterpie inside the Pokeball, all cute and comfortable inside there. I love my new little Pokémon." Misty glares at him as he rubs the Pokeball against his face.

"I guess it takes a worm to love a worm." said Misty.

"Very funny." said Ash, then goes over to his sister and Pikachu. "Pikachu, Hayley...we've got a new friend."

"(Sniffs) Pika!" said Pikachu.

"Oh Pikachu, I'm glad you like it." said Ash. "And from now on, we'll catch a whole bunch of new friends. Caterpie, you're sticking with us."

"Can I play with Caterpie? Please?" asked Hayley.

"Uh, does that mean..." Misty started to say.

"Sure! Caterpie, come out! Ha!" shouted Ash. Screaming, Misty runs far away as Caterpie comes out of the Pokeball and hides behind a tree.

"There's nothing to be scared of." said Ash as he and Hayley walk up to Caterpie. "Come on, Caterpie, climb up on my shoulder." Caterpie nods and inches its way up to his shoulder until it looks over at Hayley. Wiggling its little front legs in the air, Caterpie made its way at top speed for Misty.

"Hey, Caterpie, come back!" Ash called after it.

"Wow! Looks like Caterpie is on a mission." said Hayley, shocked as she looked up at her brother. "And judging by its feelings, it looks like an important mission." Misty screams as Caterpie rubs its head against her leg.

"Hey, Misty, Caterpie really likes you. Isn't that cute?" asked Ash.

"Aww." said Hayley.

"Get this disgusting bug away from me!" screamed Misty.