17. Not My Bestfriend

Did I learn my lesson? No. Not the lesson that stops stupidity, the lesson that makes you think twice before ever trusting. Okay, yeah, that's the first option. But we caught eachother red-handed. He betrayed, I let go.

You sat there in the police station with Sidney and Tatum as Dewey was filing out things and talking to Sheriff Burke. "Ima get you two out of here soon..." Tatum comforted you and Sid. Sidney was in a moment where she couldn't believe her own boyfriend would be a psycho. But...you, on the other hand, you felt a misunderstanding. Not the misunderstanding that you wouldn't believe, the misunderstanding that you're not understanding.

The doors to the police station opened and a few cops came in holding Billy to keep him in place so he wouldn't run off. He immediately shifted his eyes around and he spotted you and he felt his heart drop.
"Y/n..." his voice was in a whisper and you could hear it crack. You looked up and saw him and you locked eyes with him. To play it off, he yelled Sidney's name but continued looking at you. Sidney turned her head away to avoid his eyes. You watched as Billy was taken into the room while you two maintained eye contact.

"Please, please..." he mouthed to you as he looked desperately hurt, more tears forming in his eyes. You turned away and looked down, tears of betrayal running down your cheeks. Tatum was hugging you for comfort. What felt like minutes past by and Dewey was still talking to Sheriff Burke about everything and Tatum began to grow impatient. She argued with him about wanting to leave and he kept pushing her aside until she yelled in annoyance. He rolled his eyes and Sheriff Burke said for him to take us out back away from the circus that's outside, the people and Gale.

You instantly got up with Sidney and Tatum led you both infront of her. That was until the door opened and another officer called out to you. "Dewey!" Dewey turned his head. "May I borrow Y/n for a moment? Loomis would like to see her." Your heart paused and your eyes widened and you and Sidney looked at eachother, her eyes also widened. Tatum made a weird face and Dewey just shifted his eyes elsewhere in confusion and worry. "What's the point?" He asked.

"They're friends." The cop replied. You shot your head towards Dewey and you began shaking your head rapidly as tears rapidly fell down your cheeks. "Please, I-...I can't. Not now...please." You begged in a whisper as you couldn't help your tears. "Not now, sir-" "it's important, he says." The cop cut off Dewey. Sidney pressed your arm nervously as she and Tatum both comforted you. Dewey looked a bit concerned but he knew he had to follow his job. "Okay, but not for long." He ordered. Dewey had to grab your arm to pull you over to the room.

You sucked in your bottom lip and wiped your tears. You saw Billy sitting beside his dad, Hank Loomis. Billy looked up at you and he almost stood up until his dad put his hand out signaling for him to stay seated. You knew his dad, but not like that. His dad saw you and he just nodded his head before getting up. "Don't you dare cause a scene, you hear me?" He muttered to Billy and he just sunk down in his seat and layed his face in his hands.

Dewey, the other cops, and his dad left the room, shutting the door and leaving in there, alone with him. As soon as the door shut, Billy stood up from his seat and stood face to face with you, you backing up a bit towards the wall not wanting to be next to him. You just stared into eachothers eyes as the silence filled the room, it felt like you were screaming at eachother but with eye contact only. "I'm sorry." He broke the silence. It looked as if it took him courage to not cry to say two simple words that shouldn't have to include stubbornness into a friendship.

"About being caught red-handed?" You were breathing heavily, unsure of what "trust" meant anymore. "No, that's not the case." He took a lot of deep breaths as he stepped slightly closer to you. You shrugged and looked away as you wiped the tears that were fighting to pour out. "Please tell me you don't believe any of that bullshit." His voice was shaky. You looked over at him, your eyes locking with his. "You were in there..." he shook his head and layed his face in his hands and tried to hold himself back from crying again. "You can hate me and the way I ruined us, but you and I both know that you know better than to go with their flow like this..." he begged as he tried grabbing your hand but you turned away.

"Don't you get it? I'm not pissed off about only this whole bullshit scenario, but-" "how much of an asshole I've been, I know! And I'm so fucking sorry! You want me to be sorry but you won't even give me a chance to talk!" "Because you're still laid over about me not wanting to be more than bestfriends!" "The hell did you get that from?!" "Your perspective!" He just looked at you completely hurt and he fiddled with his hands as he raised his voice: "and what I really want is for you to forget about that all! Can we please just pretend it never fucking happened?!" He begged as he grabbed your waist.

"Yeah, sure, but I'm not gonna get over the current situation!" You took his hands off your waist. "I didn't do it! How the fuck could I change out of a costume in one second?!" He snapped his fingers pissed off. "How do you even know it's a costume?!" You argued back. He just paused when he knew you had a point but he didn't wanna give up on wanting you back. "Please...just stop..." he begged as tears formed in his eyes for the millionth time and he grabbed your hand. "I don't know why you're crying...you weren't the one who got betrayed..." you yanked your hand away from him and turned him.

"Fucking hell, Y/n...I just want my bestfriend back. I don't care-...just please...I want you back..." the tears fell down his cheeks as he grabbed your hand again and wrapped his arms around your body pleading to death. You felt yourself crying again and you just looked down before shaking your head and you gently took your arms off of you and tried to release his hand away but he wouldn't let go. He began shaking as he was pleading in desperate tears. "You're not my bestfriend..." you looked at him as you both were in tears.

His eyes widened and his heart immediately jumped off a cliff, it felt like he wanted to faint. "N-no...you don't mean that one bit..." he said, pleadingly. "I do..." you said back as you felt your heart aching. "You ruined us..." your voice was shaky as you were crying. He shook his head rapidly as he was shaking and crying while holding your hand. "I'm s-...no, just stop...you know we both can't do this separately...fucking please..." he pleaded as he cried softly. "You betrayed me and us...so why still try if you're the one the did this?" You looked at him with hurt eyes, your tears rapidly streaming down your cheeks.

He looked in your eyes and saw how disappointed you looked, that was never his goal of being in your life. "Please, please, please...I'm sorry, you can't do this-...I can't do this...I will die if you leave my life, I swear on my fucking life, I will shoot my goddamn brains out because you're all I have!" He cried so much as he grabbed your arm tightly. Your eyes widened big time at his words, "Billy, stop!-" "leave, and I'll kill me..." he stared into your eyes, his tears rapidly falling down. "Stop it!" You grabbed onto his arm back but more tightly.

He froze as he stared into your eyes more as tears continued to fall. "You won't do a single thing to yourself...not if I just want space. You hear me?" You pleaded as you cried a bit hard. You both went silent and you stared into eachothers eyes in betrayal. After moments, you pulled his grip off your arm and left the room leaving him there. "What happened?" Sheriff Burke asked as he saw you crying hard. "Woah- ey!" He tried catching you as you ran out the back alleyway door.

Billy stared at the door that you had just closed to that room and he slammed his head against the door and began crying so much. When will it be my turn to have your appreciation?