20. You're My Right

The next day

You walked through the school in complete dread. Tatum had begged for you to stay with her and Sid but you shook it off and said that today was just not the day. No fucking surprise, the popular, soon to be miserable, or already are miserable people were staring you down and giving you disgusted looks. Dear week...go fuck yourself.

You went to the other side of the hall that Sidney and Tatum were with Stu at and went right past them. Stu looked over at you as you walked right away and he just dramatically sighed. "What goes it?!" He calls down to you but you had completely ignored him. "Can you not?!" Tatum elbowed him making him yelp in pain. "Easy!" He laughed. You turned the other way down the hall and that's when you slammed straight into a person dressed in that horrifying black robe and ghost mask. You screamed in terror making them startle and him and his buddy looked at eachother and bursted out into laughter and continued walking.

Your heart raced at an unexpected speed and you immediately ran back down the hall right past Tatum, Sid, and Stu and they looked at you in confusion but Sidney looked worried. You ran down those stairs and went to bottom floor but then you slammed into Billy. You both gasped and your eyes widened. "I'm sorry-" he saw it was you and he immediately froze and went silent, his eyes on you as they went wide big time. You did the same but you slightly backed away. It took him so much courage to not just burst out into tears right then and there but he choked them back.

"Hey." He looked you in the eyes. You were silent for a few seconds before responding: "hey..." you both looked deep into eachothers eyes last night. "You're out." You spoke. "Yeah...nothing was on my cellular device." He spoke back. You slowly nodded before looking down and he did the same but he shifted his eyes up to you as his head was down. "There was a full moon last night." You said. His heart began racing and he raised his eyebrows. "Yeah?" "Mhm." He kept his eyes on you and he took a skippy deep breath. "Our favorite thing? An us thing?" He said as he fiddled with his fingers.

You then looked up at him and you two looked eachother in the eyes once again. Us? "It's just our favorite thing." You said back. A piece of his heart shattered hearing that and he bit his bottom lip to prevent the tears. "Yeah...just our favorite thing." He falsely agreed. You looked at him before looking down. You saw his hand extend and he tried to grab your hand but he immediately stopped himself and put his hand back. You two were silent and you then spoke. "When will you be sorry...?" You looked up at him.

He looked back at you and he looked so hurt and devastated. "I'm trying...and my wish is to have us be us again." He bit his bottom lip again to prevent the tears. "I know..." you just rolled your eyes feeling like crying again. His eyes teared up once again and he breathed heavily. "You know that you'll forever be my right. Right?" He spoke as the tears slid down his cheeks. You just looked at him before shrugging. "I can prioritize myself too...but I want you to be by my side at my worst. Today's just not it...not now...not ever." You turned from him and walked off.

He immediately extended his hand wanting to grab your arm to keep you from leaving but he didn't. He dropped his arm back down to his side and stood there in hurt. He looked down as the tears came down once again. "When will I ever say the right things just to have you...?" He whispered to himself as he cried.