S1 EP1: Rose Part 3

"It's gonna follow us." she says bursting through the door.

"The assembled hordes of Genghis Khan couldn't get through that door." the Captain tells her.

"And believe us they've tried. Now, shut up a minute. You see, the arm was too simple, but a head's perfect." the Doctor tells them

"We can use it to trace the signal back to the original source." the Captain finishes as the Doctor uses wires to connect it to the console.

"Right. Where d'you want to start?" the Doctor asks Rose.

"Um... The inside's bigger than the outside." Rose states as the Captain walks to stand next to the Doctor.

"Yes." the Doctor confirms.

"It-it's... alien." Rose says trying to wrack her brain around all of it.

"Yep." the Doctor nods.

"...Are you alien?"

"Yes, we both are... Is that all right?" he continues.

"Yeah."

"It's called the TARDIS, this thing. T-A-R-D-I-S, that's Time And Relative Dimension In Space." the man states. Rose covers her mouth as she starts to sob thinking about Mickey.

"That's Okay. Culture shock. Happens to the best of us" the Captain says as he walks over and places a hand on her shoulder but lets go when she starts to speak.

"Did they kill him? Mickey? Did they kill Mickey? Is he dead?" she asks looking between both of the men.

"Oh, I didn't think of that." the Doctor admits.

"He's my boyfriend! You pulled off his head, they copied him, and you didn't even think? And now you're just gonna let him melt" Rose says frustrated at how careless they've been while pointing behind the Doctor.

"Melt?!" the two men exclaim turning and rushing towards the melting plastic. "Aw, no, no, no, NO!" the Doctor shouts.

"What are you doing?" Rose asks.

"Following the signal. It's fading!" the Captain responds as the Tardis starts making noise.

"Wait a minute. No, no, no, no, no, no, NO!" the Doctor shouts concerning the Captain who rushes to see what the problem is. "Almost there, almost there..." he assures.

"Here we go!" the Captain confirms.

"You can't go out there. It's not safe!" Rose shouts as the two men run past her towards the door. She rushes out to see that they've moved.

"We lost the signal. We got so close." the Doctor says pacing around the Captain. Rose leaves the Tardis closing the door.

"We've moved. Does it fly?" Rose asks confused.

"It disappears there and reappears here. You wouldn't understand" the Captain explains leaning against a stone fence looking off towards the river Thames.

"But if we're... somewhere else, what about that headless thing's still on the loose." she says pointing her thumb behind her towards the Tardis.

"Melted with the head. Are you gonna witter on all night?" the Doctor says walking around the blue box.

"I'll have to tell his mother." Rose says solemnly. This makes the Doctor turn around with a confused look on his face to look at the girl. Noticing this the Captain lightly shakes his head and carries on looking out towards the River. "Mickey. I'll have to tell his mother he's dead, and you just went and forgot him. Again!" Rose tells him with her frustration building. "You were right. You are alien." Rose says turning around and walking closer towards the younger looking man.