S1 EP6: Dalek Part 2

The Doctor and Captain find themselves stripped and with their hands chained up, next to each other, with armed guards surrounding the two.

"Now... smile!" Van Statten says from behind a laser machine.

The machines laser scans the Doctor's body first, and he writhes around in pain.

"Two hearts. A binary vascular system! Now does the other one have the same?" Van Statten points the laser at the Captain.

"Hey, now. Wait a second. There's no need, you've all ready looked at the Doctor, why would I be any different?" the Captain pleads.

"We've got to make sure..." Van Statten says turning the lasers on and scans the Captain, who also writhes about in pain. "Oh, I am so gonna patent this." he rubs his hands together after seeing the results.

"So that's your secret. You don't just collect stuff, you scavenge it." the Doctor says.

"This technology has been falling to Earth for centuries. All it took was the right mind to use it properly. Oh, the advances I've made from alien junk - you have no idea, Doctor! Broadband? Roswell. Just last year, my scientists cultivated bacteria from the Russian Crater, and do you know what we found? The cure for the common cold. Kept it strictly within the laboratory, of course. No need to get people excited. Why sell one cure when I can sell a thousand palliatives?"

"D'you know what a Dalek is, Van Statten? A Dalek is honest. It does what it was born to do, for the survival of its species. That creature in your dungeon is better than you." the Captain tells him.

"In that case, I will be true to myself. And continue." he says walking back to behind the machine.

"Listen to me! That thing downstairs is gonna kill every last one of us!" the Doctor says.

"Nothing can escape the Cage." he says turning the laser on still pointed at the Captain he writhes around in pain.

"But it's woken up! It knows we're here! It's gonna get out! Van Statten, I swear, no-one on this base is safe. No-one on this planet!" the Captain pleads as Van Statten turns the laser to face the Doctor, the room lights up red again as the Doctor is now the one writhing in pain.

"A-Aah!" he screams in pain.

___________

"Hold it right there." a guard says getting out of his chair.

"Level three access. Special clearance from Mr Van Statten." Adam tells the guard as he and Rose walks in the Cage, showing the people an ID Card. "Don't get too close." Adam tells Rose as the door behind them closes.

Rose staring at the Dalek walks closer to it. "Hello?" she leans down to the eye piece. "Are you in pain? My name's Rose Tyler. I've got friends, they can help. They're called the Doctor and Captain. What's your name?"

"Yes." the Dalek replies.

"What?" Rose asks.

The Dalek's eye piece slowly looks up to Rose "I am in pain. They torture me, but still they fear me. Do you fear me?"

"No." Rose shakes her head.

"I am dying."

"No, we can help..!" Rose says.

"I welcome death. But I am glad that before I die, I met a human who was not afraid." the Dalek tells her.

"Isn't there anything I can do?"

"My race is dead. I shall die alone." the Dalek says. Rose feeling bad for the creature reaches out and touches it's head.

"Rose, no!" Adam says and Rose takes her hand off of it, leaving her hand print glowing on the metal before disappearing.