S1 EP7: The Long Game Part 2

Suki stands in the lift waiting for it to stop, clutching the strap of her bag. She watches the floor numbers increase as she reaches the Floor 500. The door behind her opens and she turns around, from inside the lift she looks about the new room noticing frost covering everything. Suki slowly walks to the door of the lift stopping and bending down to pick up a duffel bag.

Suki walks off the lift and looks around confused, when the door closes. She rushes to the door and tries to open it, to no success. She takes out a torch from her bag and turns it on. She makes her way deeper into the room, behind some shredded plastic curtains she finds a corpse with its forehead hole open and other skeletons seated around it, just like in the broadcast area down on the Floor 139.

She backs out of that room and notices a bright light slowly emerge from an opening doorway. She walks to the door and takes one last look around the room before entering the light. Walking into a room Suki is met by the Editor and some frosted computer operators. She turns her torch off and the Editor waves to her. Suki carefully makes her way up to the man.

"Who are you?" she asks.

"I'm the Editor."

"What's happening? There are bodies out there. What's going on?"

"While we're asking questions, would you please confirm your name?" the Editor snaps his fingers and a hologram lights up showing Suki.

"My name is Suki Macrae Cantrell. I was born 199 apostrophe 89 in the Independant Republic of Morocco." the hologram says.

"Liar." the Editor says.

"Hobbies include reading and archaeology. I'm not an expert or anything, I just like digging." hologram Suki informs them.

"Liar." the Editor snaps his fingers again.

"I want to work for Satellite Five because my sister can't afford university.." the hologram says, as the Editor holds his watch and shakes his head, Suki looks back up at the hologram a little worriedly. "And the pay-scheme is really good..."

"LIAR!" the Editor snaps his fingers again this time to turn the hologram off. "Let's look at the facts, shall we?" he snaps his fingers and another hologram appears in front of them. "Ah, hidden behind a genetic graft, but that's still you. Eva Saint Julienne, last surviving member of the Freedom Fifteen." he continues as Suki puts her hand subtly into her handbag searching for something. "Mmm, self-declared anarchist, is that right?"

Suki pulls out a gun "Who controls Satellite Five?" she aims it at the man, who raises his hands. 

The man starts to laugh and claps his hands "There's the truth."

"The Freedom Foundation has been monitoring Satellite Five's transmissions. We have absolute proof that the facts are being manipulated. YOU are lying to the people."

"Oooh, I love it! Say it again." he laughs.

"This whole system is corrupt." she takes a step forward still aiming the gun at the man "Who do you represent?"

"I'm merely a humble slave. I answer to the Editor In Chief."

"Who is he, where is he?"

"He's overseeing everything. Literally everything. If you don't mind, I'm gonna have to refer this upwards." he points up towards the ceiling.

"Grrr!"

"What is that?" Suki asks now pointing her gun at the creature on the ceiling.

"Your boss. This has always been your boss. Since the day you were born." the Editor informs her. Suki shoots at the creature as it lowers itself towards the screaming woman.