S1 EP4: Aliens of London Part 2

The Doctor and Captain make their way outside of the Tyler's flat. Rose swiftly opens the door the Captain had just closed. "And where d'you think you're going?" she asks as the men turn and look back at her.

"Nowhere. It's... just a bit human in there for us." the younger looking man says.

"History just happened. And they're talking about where to buy dodgy top-up cards half-price. We're only off on a wander." the Doctor informs her.

"Right. There's a spaceship on the Thames, and you're just wandering?"

"Nothing to do with us! It's not an invasion. That was a genuine crash-landing." he says.

"Angle of descent, colour of smoke, everything. It was perfect." the Captain adds.

"So?" she shrugs.

"So maybe this is it. First contact. The day mankind officially comes into contact with an alien race. We're not interfering. Cos you've GOT to handle this on your own." he carries on.

"The human race finally grows up! Just this morning, you were all tiny and small and made of clay! Now you can expand!.. You don't need us. Go and celebrate history. Spend some time with your mum." the Doctor says the Captain nods along in agreement.

"Promise you won't disappear." she says once again stopping the men from walking away.

The Doctor turns around and pats himself down trying to find something "Tell you what. Tardis key. About time you had one. See you later." he smiles handing over a set of keys and walking off with the Captain. Rose looks down at the keys and starts smiling before turning and heading back into her flat.

The two men leave the estate looking up toward a group of people celebrating the news of aliens. "Oi, gorgeous, come back and join the party!" a woman shouts. The two men continue walking toward their blue box.

___________

Mickey opens a door that leads to the roof of the estate, to check the state of his trainers. When he looks down towards the ground he spots the two familiar men walking towards the Tardis. "Oh, my God!" he exclaims as he takes the trainers and rushes down the stairs.

___________

The Doctor and Captain rush to the controls of the Tardis and pull a couple of levers down, before the Captain turns a wheel and the Doctor pulls a monitor towards them both, allowing the Tardis to set off.

___________

Mickey rushes out of the complex in time to see the blue box dematerialise "Oi, Doctor! CAPTAIN!" he shouts as he runs towards the disappearing box, he crashes into the corrugated iron shutters of the empty shop behind where the Tardis was parked. He picks himself back up and tries to walk away nonchalantly.

___________

The Doctor rotates another wheel as the Tardis makes a noise neither of the men liked. They rush around the control and flip a few switches before the Doctor pulls out a rubber mallet and gives it a whack and with that the noise subsides. The man looks up smiling after sorting the problem out and gives the mallet a kiss.

___________

Harriet Jones brings a cup of coffee to the Junior Secretary whose sitting at his desk working on his laptop. "I bet no-one's brought you a coffee."

"Thank you." he takes the cup and drinks.

"Pleasure." she says looking at him.

"You still can't go in."

"Damn, you've seen through my cunning plan."

"Look, I'm sorry, it's just impossible." he places the cup back on the desk and stands up walking to another desk for some papers.