S1 EP10: The Doctor Dances Part 3

The Captain, Doctor, Rose and Jack are walking down a railway track towards Limehouse Green. Jack slows them down to a stop.

"Well, there it is! Hey, they've got Algy on duty. Must be important." Jack says as they look towards the entrance.

"We've gotta get past." the Doctor says.

"Are the words 'distract the guard' heading in my general direction?" Rose asks.

"I don't think that'd be such a good idea." Jack says.

"Don't worry, I can handle it."

"I've got to know Algy quite well, since I've been in town. Trust me, you're not his type. I'll distract him. Don't wait up." Jack says before jogging towards the entrance. Leaving the three onlookers shocked.

"Relax! He's a 51st-century guy. He's just a bit more flexible when it comes to dancing." the Captain says while he pats his friends back.

"How flexible?" Rose asks looking back at him.

"By his time, you lot are spread out across half the galaxy." the Doctor says.

"Meaning?"

"So many species, so little time." the Captain says.

"That's what we do when we get out there? That's our mission? We seek new life and... and..."

"Dance!" the Doctor says.

Jack makes his way to the entrance and up to Algy.

"Hey, tiger. How's it hanging?" Jack asks. Algy turns around looking at him confused.

"Mummy?"

"Algy, old sport, it's me."

"Mummy?!"

"It's me, Jack!"

"Jack? Are you my... mummy?" he tilts his head. He starts choking on something and falls to the floor, Jack watches as another soldiers face changes form into a gasmask.

"Stay back!" the Doctor shouts as he and the Captain run towards Jack.

"You men, stay away!" Jack commands oncoming soldiers.

"The effect's becoming airborne, accelerating." the Doctor says.

"What's keeping us safe?" Rose asks.

"Nothing." the Captain says.

"Ah, here they come again." Jack says as an air raid siren sounds in the distance.

"All we need!" Rose says looking up to the sky. "Didn't you say a bomb was gonna land here?"

"Never mind about that. If the contaminant's airborne now, there's hours left." the Captain says looking between Rose, Jack and the Doctor.

"Till what?" Jack asks.

"Till nothing! Forever! For the entire human race." the Doctor says.

"Can anyone else hear singing?" the Captain asks.

Nancy, a little away from the group, is singing "Rock-a-bye baby on the tree tops When the wind blows the cradle will rock When the bow breaks the cradle will fall Down will come baby cradle and all..." she sings to Jenkins who has transformed and slumped across the table.

The door opens and the Captain enters and mouths to her to "keep singing."

"Rock-a-bye baby... on the tree tops" she pulls on her restraints and the Captain quietly makes his way over to her. "When the wind blows the cradle will rock." Jack, Rose and the Doctor enter the room quietly as the Captain uses his sonic screwdriver to free her. She gets up and they all quickly leave the room.