S1 EP7: The Long Game Part 3

The Captain, Doctor and Rose walk into a lift, Cathica follows them but doesn't enter.

"Come on, come with us." Rose says.

"No way!" Cathica says.

"Bye!" the Doctor waves.

"Well, don't mention my name." Cathica tells them. "When you get in trouble, just don't involve me." she walks away.

"That's her gone. Adam's given up. Looks like it's just you, me and the Captain." the Doctor tells Rose, as the Captain roles his eyes.

"Yeah."

"Good." the Doctor smiles.

"Yep." Rose returns a smile.

"Oh, you two, stop it will ya?" the Captain complains.

The Doctor looks back at him with a smile and then inserts a card and the door closes. The Doctor takes Rose's hand in his.

___________

Adam clicks his fingers and the portal in his forehead opens to reveal his brain. He clicks it shuts again.

"Oh, my God. I'm going to be sick." Adam says. He leans forward and retches, then pulls a pale ice cube out of his mouth.

"Special offer. We installed the vomit-o-matic at the same time. Nano-termites have been placed in the lining of your throat. In the event of sickness, they freeze the waste." the nurse tells him.

___________

The lift opens on Floor 500 and the Doctor and Captain walk out looking around as Rose follows them.

"The walls are not made of gold. You should go back downstairs." the Doctor tells Rose.

"Tough." Rose says and walks to explore the room.

"No but seriously, Rose, you should." the Captain tells her. The two men follow after her.

They enter a room and are met with the Editor and his frosted workers.

"I started with out you. This is fascinating." he laughs and turns back to the monitors, while the Doctor, Captain and Rose look on. "Satellite Five contains every piece of information within the Fourth Great and Bountiful Human Empire." he says as the three walk closer to the man. "Birth certificates, shopping habits, bank statements, but you three... You don't exist. There's not a trace." The three stare at him. "No birth, no job, not the slightest kiss. How can you walk through the world and not leave a single footprint?"

"Suki... Suki!" Rose notices the woman and rushes to her side. "Hello? Can you hear me? Suki? What have you done to her?"

"I think she's dead." the Captain tells Rose.

"But she's... working." Rose looks at the woman.

"They've all got chips in their head. And the chips keep going. Like puppets." the Doctor says.

"Ohh! You're full of information, but it's only fair we get some information back. Because, apparently, you're no-one. It's so rare, not to know something." the Editor says, both men nod. "Who are you?" he asks them.

"It doesn't matter, cos we're off. Nice to meet you. Come on!" the Doctor says as he turns to leave. A couple of frosted people hold onto the men as Suki grabs hold of Roses arm stopping her leaving.

"Tell me who you are!" the Editor says.

"Since that information's keeping us alive, I'm hardly gonna say, am I." the Doctor says.

"Well, perhaps my Editor In Chief can convince you otherwise." the Editor says.

"And who's that?" the Captain asks.