S1 EP8: Father's Day Part 2

The red-eyed monster hovers over a playground. A woman is pushing her son on the swing. From the colour of his skin we can guess who this should be.

"Hey, Jack. Jeff." the boy says.

But the boy on the slide and the two on the see-saw have just vanished. Then his mother isn't behind him any more either. The boy runs off.

___________

"I'm not listening. It's just the duffel coats all over again." Jackie tells her husband as Rose watches from a distance.

"Jackie, sometimes a duffel coat is just a duffel coat. Things will get better soon, I promise." Pete tells her.

"I've had enough of all your daft schemes. I never know where the next meal's coming from."

"I'll get it right, love. One day soon, I promise you, I'll get it right. Come on."

The little boy from the park runs round a corner "Monsters! Going to eat us!"

"What sort of monsters, sweetheart? Is it aliens?" Suzie asks the boy laughing.

The boy runs straight into the church. The Doctor and Captain run up to Rose.

"Rose!" the Captain shouts, Rose turns around looking at the two men with a raise eyebrow, she smiles. "Get in the church!"

Noticing the two men look up into the sky Rose turns her head and looks up seeing a large creature with bat-like wings appearing in the sky. The creature hisses and swoops down towards a screaming Rose. The Doctor pushes her out of the way just in time before the creature could get to her.

"Get in the church!" the man shouts. The three run up to the waiting people who quickly grab their things and rush to get inside the church, but they soon stop as they notice a second and third creature appear in the sky.

"Oh, my God. What are they? What are they?" Suzie asks.

"Inside!" the two men shout at the people gathered at the door.

"Sarah!" Stuart says about to rush to Sarah.

"No! Wait there!" the Captain shouts.

"Stay in there!" the Doctor shouts at the same time.

Stuart's dad tries to run away however the creature's get to him first, the man screams as it attacks him.  Another blocks Sarah's path to the church, but when she screams it flies off and pounces on the vicar instead.

"In!" the Doctor says.

"Now!" the Captain adds as the two men push the group towards the building.

One of the creatures swoop in towards the Doctor just as he closes the church doors. Inside everyone is talking amongst themselves, concerned, confused and scared. The Doctor and Captain look around as they listen to the creatures try to find a way inside.

"They can't get in. Old windows and doors. Okay?" the Docotor says looking at the old windows.

"Mhm, the older something is, the stronger it is." the Captain adds. "What else?"

"Go and check the other doors. Move!" the Doctor tells the people. Before rushing off to check doors, followed by Jackie.

"What's happening? What are they?" She asks the man.

"There's been an accident in time. A wound in time. They're like bacteria, taking advantage."

"What d'you mean, time? What're you jabbering on about, time?" she asks him confused.

"Oh, I might've known you'd argue. Jackie, I'm sick of you complaining."

"How do you know my name."

"I haven't got time for this."