S1 EP1: Rose Part 2

Rose confused makes her way to her boyfriends flat. "Hey, hey! Here's my woman. kit off." he says.

"Oh, shut up."

"Coffee?"

"Yeah, only if you wash the mug. And I don't mean rinse, I mean wash. Can I use your computer?"

"Yeah, any excuse to get in the bedroom." he responds. "Don't read my emails!"

Rose logs on to the computer and searches about the 'Doctor' and the 'Captain' and even 'Doctor living plastic' in hopes of finding more information about the two men. Until she types in 'Doctor Blue Box' and when the results load she notices a web page called 'Doctor Who?'. She clicks on the website and is automatically met with a photograph of the Doctor and the Captain. With the caption, 'Do you know these men? Contact Clive'.

___________

Rose convinces Mickey to drive her to Clive's address but can't convince him to enter the house with her. "You're not coming in? He's safe, he's got a wife and kids."

"Yeah, who told you that? He did! That's exactly what an internet lunatic murderer would say." he exclaims. Rose exits the yellow car without another word. Mickey just leans back in his seat watching his girlfriend cross the street and knock on this strangers house.

Rose knocks and a boy opens the door. "Um, hello, I've come to see Clive. We've been emailing." Rose says as the boy looks at her.

"Dad! It's one of your nutters." the boy leaves after shouting for his father.

"Sorry, hello! You must be Rose. I'm Clive. Obviously." he shakes her hand.

"I'd better tell you now - my boyfriend's in the car, in case you kill me!" she nervously giggles as she motions to the yellow car on the other side of the street.

"No, good point! No murders." he waves to Mickey.

"Who is it?" a woman's voice can be heard from inside the house.

"Oh, it's something to do with the Doctor, she's been reading the website." he tells the woman. "Please come through, I'm in the shed." Rose steps in and they both walk through the house leaving the front door open.

"She? She's read a website about the Doctor, she's a she?" the woman said walking down the stairs and closing the door when she gets to the bottom.

Rose is now in a shed with Clive. "A-A lot of this stuff is quite sensitive, I couldn't just send it to you. People might intercept. If you know what I mean. If you dig deep enough and keep a lively mind, this Doctor and Captain keep cropping up all over the place." he says digging through all the files he has on this topic. "Political diaries, conspiracy theories, even ghost stories. No first names, no last names, just the Doctor and Captain. Always the Doctor and the Captain." he says placing down the selected files. "The title seems to be passed from father to son, it appears to be an inheritance. That's your Doctor and Captain there, isn't it?" he asks pointing towards a photograph.

"Yeah." Rose confirms looking at the photo that was shown on the website she had visited.

"I tracked it down to the Washington Public Archive, just last year. Erh- the online photo's enhanced, but if we look at the original..." he scrambles to get the copy of the photograph. He's holding a photo of the Doctor and the Captain and then shows one eventually revealing the event in which the two men were in attendance.

"November 22nd 1963, the assassination of President Kennedy. See." Rose looks at the photo.

"Must be their fathers." Rose says inspecting the image further.