S1 EP7: The Long Game Part 1

"Solar flares activity has increased across space lanes 556 and all commercial flights are advised to avoid..." a news reporter states. The voice gets drowned out by the noise of the Tardis materialising.

The Doctor steps out followed by the Captain and Rose. "So, it's 200,000, it's a spaceship... No, wait a minute, space STATION. And, er... Go try that gate over there!" the Doctor points to a gate. "Off you go."

"200,000?" Rose asks.

"200,000." the Captain nods.

"Adam! Out you come." Rose says opening the door to the Tardis.

Adam walks out looking around as the three people watch his reaction. "Oh, my God..." he says in disbelief.

"Don't worry, you'll get used to it." Rose tells him.

"Where are we?" he asks.

"Good question. Let's see. So, erm, judging by the architecture, I'd say we're around the year 200,000." she looks at Adam who nods. "And if you listen... Engines." The two Time Lords look at Rose smiling. "We're on some sort of space station. Yeah, definitely a space station. It's a bit warm in here, they could turn the heating down. Tell you what, let's try that gate. Come on." Rose walks past Adam, leading the three men to a gate to a massive viewing window. "Here we go. And this is..."

Adam walks down a set of steps after crossing a mini bridge, his mouth agape, when he sees the view. "I'll let the Doctor describe it." Rose finishes.

"The Fourth Great and Bountiful Human Empire. And there it is. Planet Earth, at its height. Covered with mega-cities, five moons, population 96 billion, the hub of a galactic domain stretching across a million planets, a million species, with mankind right in the middle." the Doctor looks out at the planet in front of them.

Adam hearing this and seeing the planet is in shock. The Captain behind Adam catches him when he faints. "He's your boyfriend." the Captain says to Rose while looking down at the man in his arms.

"Not anymore."

___________

"Come on, Adam, open your mind. You're gonna like this." the Captain says with an arm on the mans shoulder. As they walk into a different room.

"Fantastic period of history - the human race at its most intelligent. Culture! Art! Politics! This era has got fine food, good manners, the works..." the Doctor tells the man.

"Out the way!" a man interrupts as he walks past the four, the once quiet room is now like a bustling city as vendors open their food stations and start serving customers.

"Thank you very much indeed. Somebody there? What do you want, love? All right, keep it moving. I'll be with you in a minute. Here you are. One at a time. What now, what was it? Kronkburger with cheese, kronkburger with pajatos. Do you want a drink? Oi, you, mate. Stop pushing. Get back. I said, back." a vendor says.

As Rose looks at the different food options she turns back to the Doctor and Captain "Fine cuisine?"

"My watch must be wrong. No, it's fine. That's weird." The Doctor answers looking at his watch.

"That's what comes of showing off. Your history's not as good as you thought it was."

"My history's perfect."

"Well, obviously not." she smiles.

"They're all human. What about the millions of planets, the millions of species? Where are they?" Adam asks looking around at all the people.

"Good question. Actually, that IS a good question." the Captain says also looking around.

"Adam, me old mate, you must be starving!" the Doctor wraps an arm around the mans shoulders.