S1 EP9: The Empty Child Part 1

The Tardis is in pursuit of a small spacecraft.

"What's the emergency?" Rose asks.

"It's mauve." the Doctor says looking at the monitor and controlling the Tardis.

"Mauve?" Rose and the two men grab hold of the console to ready themselves from falling backwards as the journey takes a bumpy turn.

"Yep, he did say mauve. It's the universally recognised colour for danger." the Captain explains concentrating on trying to keep them steady while the Doctor follows the spacecraft.

"What happened to red?" Rose makes her way to the Doctor.

"That's just humans. By everyone else's standards, red's camp." the Doctor tells her.

"Oh! The misunderstandings! All those red alerts, all that dancing!" the Captain exclaims.

"It's got a very basic flight computer. I've hacked in, slaved the Tardis. Where it goes, we go." the Doctor informs Rose.

"And that's safe?" she asks.

"Totally." the Doctor answers, the Captain smirks but eventually nods his head to reassure Rose. The Captain pulls down a lever and the console explodes. "Okay, reasonably. Should have said 'reasonably' there." the Doctor corrects himself after watching the console spark turning to Rose who watches on horrified. "No! It's jumping time tracks, getting away from us."

"What exactly is that thing?"

"No idea."

"Then why are we chasing it?"

"It's mauve and dangerous, and 30 seconds from the centre of London." the Captain says as the two men man the console.

___________

Clothes are hung on some string, which connects the back of two terraced houses. The Tardis materialises in the back alley way of the houses.

"D'you know how long you can knock around space without happening to bump into Earth?" the Doctor asks Rose as the three walk out into the alley way.

"Five days? Or is that just when we're out of milk?" Rose replies.

"Of all the species in all the universe, and it has to come from a cow!" the Captain exclaims. Something watches over the three from above.

"Must've come down somewhere quite close, within a mile.." the Doctor says as the three start walking away from the Tardis. "And it can't have been more than a month ago."

"A month? We were right behind it."

"It was jumping tracks. We're bound to be a little bit out." the Captain tells her.

"Do YOU wanna drive?" the Doctor asks her.

"Yeah. How much is a little?" The three walk round a corner to leave the alley.

"A bit." the Doctor says as something continues to watch them.

"Is that exactly a bit?"

"Ish."

"What's the plan, then? You gonna do a scan for alien tech?" she asks with a skip in her step.

"Rose, it hit the middle of London with a loud bang. We're gonna ask." the Captain tells her as the two men pull out their wallet with psychic paper in to show her.

"Dr John Smith, Ministry of Asteroids." she says looking at the Doctor's paper, before turning her attention to the Captains paper. "Dr Y/n L/n, also Ministry of Asteriods." she sighs, this is not exactly how Rose wanted this to go.