S1 EP11: Boom Town Part 1

Six months after the Slitheen invasion, two people are talking in a large executive office suite.

"I've checked the figures, I've checked them again and again. Always the same result. The design is not safe. It could result in the death of millions. I beg of you, stop the project right now before it's too late." Cleaver pleads.

"Well... goodness me. Obviously, Mr Cleaver, you're the expert."

"Then you'll stop it?"

"It seems I have no choice." GURGLING "Oh... Do excuse me. Civic duties leave little time for a sandwich." Margaret says sitting in a chair looking up at the standing man.

"But you promise you'll stop it today?"

"Well, of course. Nothing is more important than human life. What do you take me for, some sort of maniac?" she softly chuckles.

"Why, no."

"Am I right in thinking you've shown me your results only to me?"

"Just to you, no-one else."

"Wise move."

Cleaver turns away and wipes his brow "I can't tell you, this is such a weight off my mind. I've barely slept. I couldn't believe my own readings..." he walks over to a doorway as Margaret watches him. "The scale of it..." She starts to unzip her forehead. "Destruction like the British Isles has never seen before. If I didn't know better, I'd almost think that someone wanted this project to go wrong, as though they intended this city should be wiped off the map. Thank goodness we've got you, our esteemed leader." he turns around only to met with a big green Slitheen. The man screams as the alien uses it's claws to make the man kneel down.

___________

A train pulls up to Cardiff Central railway station and off steps Mickey, he looks towards an exit sign and follows the signs towards the exit of the station. After leaving the station he makes his way to the Roald Dahl Plass. Mickey walks up to the Tardis, which is parked in front of the huge water tower, a tall metallic fountain. He knocks on the door, only for Jack to open it.

"Who the hell are you?" Jack asks.

"What do you mean, who the hell am I? Who the hell are you?"

"Captain Jack Harkness. Whatever you're selling, we're not buying."

"Get out of my way!" Mickey pushes past Jack and enters the Tardis.

"Don't tell me, this must be Mickey." Jack says.

"Here comes trouble! How are you doing, Ricky boy?" the Doctor asks as he and the Captain are working on the Tardis, the Doctor up on a ledge and the Captain below working on the lower wires.

"It's Mickey!" he responds.

"Mickey! Good to see you." the Captain adds looking over at him.

Rose walks over to him "Don't listen to him, he's winding you up." she motions to the older looking man, as Jack walks past the two.

"You look fantastic." he smiles pulling her in for a hug.

"Aw, sweet! How come I never get any of that?" Jack comments.

"Buy me a drink first." the Captain tells him with smirk.

"You're such hard work."

"But worth it!"

"Did you manage to find it?" Rose asks Mickey.

"There you go." he says handing her, her passport.

"I can go anywhere now!" Rose says showing the Doctor and the Captain her passport.