S1 EP3: The Unquiet Dead Part 3

"Gwyneth!" Rose says lifting her head from the table to make sure she hadn't hurt herself.

"All true." Charles says.

"Are you okay?" Rose asks her softly.

"It's all true." he repeats.

"We've got to move her." Rose says looking towards the Captain.

He nods and stands up "Yeah." He picks her up and bridal carries her towards a chaise longue and sets her down, Rose following them every step of the way.

"Thank you." Rose says quietly focused on the resting woman.

___________

Gwyneth wakes up laying down as Rose is sitting over her. She looks around and starts to get up. The Doctor and Captain look over, both leaning on the wall. "It's all right. You just sleep." Rose tells her.

"But my angels, miss! They came, didn't they? They need me."

"They do, Gwyneth. You're their only chance of survival." the Doctor answers.

"I told you, leave her alone. She's exhausted and she's not fighting your battles." Rose tells him. "Now, drink this."

"But what did you say, Doctor? Explain it again. What are they?" Mr Sneed asks.

"Aliens." he answers.

"Like, foreigners, you mean?" he asks.

"Pretty foreign, yeah. From up there." he says pointing towards the sky.

"Brecon?"

"Close. And they've been trying to get through from Brecon to Cardiff but the road's blocked. Only a few can get through. Even then, they're weak. They can only test-drive the bodies for so long. Then they have to revert to gas and hide in the pipes." the Doctor explains.

"Which is why they need the girl?" Charles asks.

"They're not having her." Rose chimes in.

"But she can help. Living on the rift she's become part of it. She can open it up, make a bridge and let them through." the Captain states.

"Incredible. Ghosts that are not ghosts but beings from another world. Who can only exist in our realm by inhabiting cadavers." Charles says.

"Good system. It might work." the Doctor says.

Rose stands up "You can't let them run around inside of dead people!" Rose walks towards the two men who are still leaning against the wall.

"Why not? It's like recycling." the Doctor says.

"Seriously though, you can't." the girl says looking at the Captain for help.

"Seriously though, I can."

"But it's just wrong. Those bodies were living people. We should respect them, even in death."

"Do you carry a donor card?" the Captain asks her.

"It's different, that's..."

"It is different, yeah. It's a different morality. Get used to it. Or go home." the Doctor says. "You heard what they said, time's short. I can't worry about a few corpses when the last of the Gelth could be dying."

"I don't care, they're not using her."

"Don't I get a say, miss?" Gwyneth asks sitting up.

"Well, yes... look, you don't understand what's going on" Rose tells her. The Captain takes a step towards the sitting lady.