S1 EP6: Dalek Part 1

The Tardis materialises and the Doctor, Captain and Rose step out, they are met with a bunch of artefacts in glass cases surrounding them.

"So what is it? What's wrong?" Rose asks.

"I don't know. Some kind of signal, drawing the Tardis off course." the Doctor responds.

"Where are we?" she asks.

"Earth. Utah, North America. About half a mile underground." the Captain informs them.

"And... when are we?" Rose asks.

"2012." the Captain answers, as he and the Doctor look about at the different artefacts.

"God, that's so close. I should be 26!" Rose says.

The Doctor flips a switch turning lights on.

"Blimey. It's a great big museum." Rose looks around her.

"An alien museum." the Captain corrects.

"Someone's got a hobby - they must've spent a fortune on this..." the Doctor says as the group starts looking round more. "Chunks of meteorite. Moondust."

"That's a mileometer from the Roswell spaceship." the Captain says.

"That's a bit of Slitheen! That's a Slitheen's arm - it's been stuffed!" Rose says inspecting an arm.

"Ah, look at you!" the Doctor says as he and the Captain walk over to the head of a Cyberman.

Rose follows the two men "What is it?" she asks.

"An old friend of ours." the Doctor says.

"Well, enemy." the Captain adds. "The stuff of nightmares, reduced to an exhibit. We're getting old." he pats his friend on his shoulder.

"Is that where the signal's coming from?" Rose asks.

"Nah, it's stone dead. The signal's alive. Something's reaching out. Calling for help." the Doctor says staring at the head, just as he's about to touch the glass casing an alarm goes off.

The three look around as they get surrounded by armed guards. "If someone's collecting aliens, that makes you Exhibit A." Rose says glancing at the two men.

___________

"Attention all personnel. Bad Wolf 1 descending, Bad Wolf 1 descending." a voice announces as a helicopter descends.

___________

Four armed soldiers line a wall as a man and his aides stride through the corridor. "On behalf of all of us, I wanna wish you a very happy birthday, sir. And the president conveys his personal best wishes." Polkowski says.

"The president is ten points down. I want him replaced." Van Statten states.

"I don't think that's wise, sir."

"Thank you so much for your opinion. You're fired. Get rid of him." Van Statten says and two armed guards grab the man. "Wipe his memory and put him in Memphis, Minneapolis - somewhere beginning with M..." a woman rushes to his side. "So, the next President, what d'you think? Republican or Democrat?"

"Democrat, sir." she answers.

"For what reason?"

"They're just so funny, sir?" she says. The group of people halt to a stop.

"What is your name?" Van Statten asks.

"Goddard, sir. Diana Goddard."

"I like you, Diana Goddard. So where's the English kid?"