S1 EP8: Father's Day Part 1

*Memory - Jackie's bedroom*

A photograph shows a laughing man with thinning hair.

"Peter Alan Tyler my dad. The most wonderful man in the world. Born 15th September 1954." Rose voices.

"Come here, Rose. Come here" Jackie softly says to a young Rose, while she pats the empty space next to her.

Jackie has got a photo album open and flips a page over. Little Rose joins her on the bed and they both look at the photographs.

"Who's that? It's your daddy." Jackie says pointing at a photo of Rose's father. "You weren't old enough to remember when he died. 1987, 7th of November. Do you remember what I told you? The day that Stuart Hoskins and Sarah Clarke got married. He was always having adventures. Oh, he would have loved to have seen you now."

___________

"That's what Mum always says. So I was thinking, could we, could we go and see my dad when he was still alive?" Rose asks the Doctor who is sitting on a chair playing with a ball, and the Captain who is walking up the steps to get to them.

"Where's this come from all of a sudden?" the Doctor asks.

The Captain hits the mans shoulder "Compassion, look it up." he tells the man who rubs where he has just been hit.

"Well, if we can't, if it goes against the laws of time or something, then never mind, just leave it." Rose says in a slightly annoyed tone.

"No, we can do anything." the Captain tells her.

"I'm just more worried about you." the Doctor says sincerely, before looking at the Captain who smiles.

"I wanna see him."

"Your wish is our command." the Captain says.

"But be careful what you wish for..." the Doctor says before standing up off his seat and he takes a step towards the console as does the Captain. He flips a switch and the Tardis starts up.

___________

The Captain, Doctor and Rose attend her parent's wedding, standing at the back of the room and keeping out of the way.

"I, Peter Alan Tyler, take you, Jacqueline Angela Suzette Prentice." the Registrar says.

"I, Peter Alan Tyler, take you, Jacqueline Suzanne Suzette Anita." Peter says getting his very soon to be wife's name wrong, as Rose looks on.

"Oh, just carry on. It's good enough for Lady Di." Jackie tells the Registrar.

"I thought he'd be taller." Rose whispers to the two men.

"To be my lawful wedded wife, to love and behold till death us do part." the Registrar says.

"He died so close to home." Jackie voices.

___________

"I wasn't there. Nobody was. It was a hit and run driver. Never found out who. He was dead when the ambulance got there. I only wish there'd been someone there for him." Jackie tells Rose looking off into the distance, Rose looks back down at the photo album.

"I want to be that someone, so he doesn't die alone." Rose voices.

___________

"November the 7th?" the Doctor asks Rose, the three are now back stood in the Tardis.

"1987." Rose says. The Doctor turns a wheel and the Tardis takes them to November 7th 1987.

___________