S1 EP6: Dalek Part 3

In the loading bay the Dalek starts levitating and makes its way to the exit Rose and Adam took.

___________

"I can leech power off the ground defences, feed it to the bulkheads. It's years since I had to work this fast!" Van Statten states as he and the Doctor are working on transferring power, and the Captain and Goddard watch them.

"Are you enjoying this?" the Doctor asks looking at him through the monitor.

"Doctor. She's still down there." Goddard says leaning down to him.

___________

In a staircase a mobile phone rings. "This isn't the best time!" Rose answers the phone.

"Where are you?" the Captain asks her.

"Level 49." Rose answers, the Captain retells Rose's answer to the Doctor, before handing the headset to him.

"You've got to keep moving. The vault is being sealed off up at level 46." the Doctor informs her.

"Can't you stop them closing?" she asks.

"I'm the one who's closing them. I can't wait, and I can't help you. Now for God's sake, run!" the Doctor tells her.

Rose and Adam continue running up the stairs being followed by the Dalek.

___________

"Done it! We've got power to the bulkheads." Van Statten says.

"The Dalek's right behind them." Goddard says. The Captain looks at the schematic of the base worriedly as he starts to chew his thumb nail.

___________

"We're nearly there - give us two seconds!" Rose shouts while running.

___________

"Doctor, I can't sustain the power. The whole system is failing. Doctor, you've got to close the bulkheads." Van Statten tells him.

The Doctor looks at him and then at the Captain before looking down at the 'Enter' button on the keyboard. "I'm sorry." he says before pressing the button.

___________

A klaxon sounds as the bulkhead door starts to close.

"Come on!" Adam shouts running towards the lowering door. Adam roles under the door making it to safety.

___________

"The vault is sealed." Van Statten says.

The Doctor stands up and leaves his chair "Rose! Where are you? Rose, did you make it?" the Doctor asks.

___________

Rose slowly lowers her hand from the newly closed door. "Sorry. I was a bit slow." she announces. She turns around and sees the Dalek approach her. "See you, then, Doctor. Say bye to the Captain for me, yeah? It wasn't your fault. Remember that, okay? It wasn't your fault."

___________

The Doctor has tears forming in his eyes as he listens to Rose.

"And d'you know what? I wouldn't have missed it for the world." Rose carries on.

___________

The Dalek approaches her as she lowers the phone and turns around to face it.

___________

"Exterminate!" the Doctor hears the Dalek say. He hears an electrical pulse, before taking the headset off.

Van Statten looks down as Goddard rises from her leaning position.