S1 EP4: Aliens of London Part 3

Jackie is sitting in her bedroom watching the TV. "As the crisis continues and the Government shows remarkable lack of leadership, paranoia sweeps the country. There've been at least three reports of public assaults on people possibly identified as aliens. Now back to Tom Hitchinson." a lady says.

"Are there more ships to come? And what's their intention? The authorities are now asking if anyone knows anything, if any previous sighting has been made, then call this number. We need your help." Hitchinson says.

Jackie grabs her phone and dials the number shown on the News Channel. The first time the phone is engaged, so she dials the number again still the number is engaged. She tries a third time and gets through to someone, she stands up "Yes, I've seen two, I really have, aliens. And she's with them. My daughter, she's with them and she's not safe. Oh, my God, she's not safe." she sits back on the bed. "I've seen aliens, two of them, and I know their names. One's called the 'Doctor' and the others called the 'Captain'."

The words ' The Doctor' and 'The Captain' are typed into a computer.

"It's a box, a blue box."

'Blue box' is typed in.

"She called it a Tardis."

'Tardis' is typed in. An alarm sounds. Indra enters a room at a jog. He looks at the computer which has a red alert showing the words 'The Doctor and The Captain'.

___________

"So what're you doing down there?" Mickey asks looking down at the Doctor and Captain who are working on the Tardis.

"Ricky..." the Doctor says.

"Mickey." he corrects.

"Ricky, if I was to tell you what we were doing to the controls of our frankly magnificent timeship, would you even begin to understand?" he asks.

"I suppose not..."

"Well shut it, then." the Doctor smiles.

Mickey walks over to Rose who looks over to him as he approaches. "Some friend you've got."

"He's winding you up." Rose says. "I am sorry."

"Okay."

"I am, though." she says looking sincerely at him.

Mickey looks down "Every day, I looked..." he looks back up at Rose, "On every street corner, wherever I went. Looking for a blue box. For a whole year."

"It's only been a few days for me. I-I dunno, it's hard to tell inside this thing but I swear, it's just a few days since I left you."

"Not enough time to miss me, then."

"I did miss you." she smiles.

"I missed you." Mickey says softly.

"So, um, in 12 months... have you been seeing anyone else?"

"No."

"Okay..." she says biting her tongue to stop her from smiling.

"Mainly cos everyone thinks I murdered you."

"Right."

"So, now that you've come back... are you gonna stay?" he says, leaning in for a kiss.

"Got it! Aha!" the Captain interrupts their moment. Rose leaves Mickey standing there and walks over to the two men that have now left the controls wires. "Patched in the radar, looped it back 12 hours so it followed the flight of that spaceship."

All three look at the monitor showing the spaceships trajectory. "Here we go, hold on." the Doctor says. "Come on! That's the spaceship on its way to Earth, see? Except! Hold on.. See? The space-ship did a slingshot round the Earth before it landed."