S1 EP12: Bad Wolf Part 2

"...is... Crosbie!" the Davina-droid announces.

__________

"Oh, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry!" Lynda says stretching over to the woman in the pink shirt.

"It should've been me, that's not fair. Oh, Crosbie..." Strood comments pulling the woman in for a hug as the Doctor leans back and places his hands behind his head while the Captain sighs and also leans back.

"Crosbie, you have ten seconds to make your farewell and then we're gonna get you."

The three housemates look at eachother before standing up and walking over to the door. "I won't forget you!" Lynda tells her.

"I'm sorry I stole your soap." Crosbie tells her.

"I don't mind, honestly!" Lynda waves the words away before pulling her into a hug as the Captain watches them.

"Thanks for the food, you were a smashing cook, bless you." Strood says hugging her again before the white door opens.

"Crosbie, please leave the Big Brother house."

Crosbie looks at the white hallway for a few moments. "Bye, then. Bye, Lynda." she says looking between the two other housemates who raise their arms before she walks under them and into the hallway.

"I don't believe it, poor Crosbie." Lynda says tearing up.

"Weird." the Captain notes.

"Yep." the Doctor nods. "It's only a game show! She'll make a fortune on the outside. Sell her story, release a record, fitness video, all of that, she'll be laughing."

"What do you mean, on the outside?" Lynda asks him confused. The two men look over at eachother in confusment aswell.

"Here we go." Strood says as the TV shows Crosbie in the white hallway, the two rush back to the sofa.

"Well, what are they waiting for? Why don't they just let her go?" the Doctor asks leaning back on the couch.

"Stop it, it's not funny!" Lynda tells him.

"What d'you mean?" the Captain asks leaning up to the woman.

"You don't know?"

"Eviction in five, four, three, two, one!" Davina-droid counts down just before a light blasts down onto Crosbie disintigrating her.

The Doctor leans up as the Captain stands up, both men just as confused as the other. "What was that?" the Doctor asks.

"Disintegrator beam." Strood says softly making the two men look at the other two housemates.

"She's been evicted. From life." Lynda says.

__________

In a dark and quiet corridor two people stop, wanting to talk to eachother about the faults in the system.

"Noone programmed the transmat, no-one selected the new contestants. It is exactly like those stories." a man says.

"Oh, don't start that again. I think you need to take a session off." a woman tells him.

"I would, if you'd take it with me."

"And don't start that again either."

"Though the rumours go back decades, saying that something's been hidden up here underneath the transmissions."

"But the controller would know. She watches everything."

"Maybe she just can't see it." he suggests. "You've got to allow for human error."