S1 EP8: Father's Day Part 3

Pete joins Rose at the back of the pews. "You, um, you never said why you came here in the first place. If I had a time machine, I wouldn't have thought 1987, was anything special. Not round 'ere, anyway."

"We just ended up 'ere."

"Lucky for me, eh? If you hadn't been there to save me."

"That was just a coincidence. That was just really good luck. It's amazing."

"So, in the future, um, are me and her indoors still together?" he motions over to Jackie.

"Yeah." Rose nods.

"You still livin' with us?"

"Yep."

"Am I a good dad?"

"You... You told me a bedtime story every night, when I was small. You were always there, you never missed one. And...um...you took us for picnics in the country every Saturday. You never let us down. You were there for us all the time. Someone I could really rely on." Rose says imagining her perfect childhood.

"That's not me." Pete shakes his head.

Rose looks at the Doctor and Captain to see the Tardis materialise round the key. The two men look at the materialising box smiling as the Captain puts his jacket back on.

The Doctor runs back up to the pulpit "Right, no-one touches that key! Have you got that? Don't touch it. Anyone touches that key, it'll be... well, zap! Just leave it be, and everything will be fine. We'll get out of here. All of us. Stuart. Sarah! You're gonna get married, just like I said!" he smiles at the couple.

___________

Outside the beige car repeats its brief drive around the corner as the creatures continue to fly about screeching.

___________

The Tardis is still materialising around the key. Jackie turns round holding baby Rose looking at Rose sitting next to the Doctor and the Captain, with Pete a row behind the three.

"When time gets sorted out.." Rose says leaning towards the Doctor.

"Everybody here forgets what happened. And don't worry, the thing that you changed will...stay changed." the Doctor tells her.

"You mean, I'll still be alive." Pete says. Rose and the Captain turn to look at the man. "Though I'm meant to be dead. That's why I haven't done anything with my life. Why it meant nothing."

"Doesn't work like that." the Captain tells him.

"Rubbish. I was so useless, I couldn't even die properly! Now it's my fault all this has happened." Pete says.

"This is my fault." Rose tells him.

"No, love. I'm your dad. It's my job for it to be my fault."

"Her dad?" Jackie asks gaining the attention of the group of people. "How are you her dad? How old were you, 12? Oh, that's disgusting!" The Doctor shakes his head at Jackie's words before leaving.

"Jacks, listen." Pete says standing up, the Captain soon follows the Doctor not wanting to get involved in the family drama. "This is Rose."

"Rose?! How sick is that?! Did you give my daughter a second-hand name? How many are there? Do you call them all Rose?" she asks Pete.

"Oh, for God's sake, look! It's the same Rose." Pete says taking baby Rose off Jackie and handing her to Rose.

"Rose! No!" the Doctor shouts seeing this happen. The Captain turns around to see the Doctor taking baby Rose out of the hands of Rose, the man turns around with the baby in his arms to see one of the creature's are now inside the church.